Old 09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Xyne

Default Inactive users

Hi,

What is the current policy on dealing with inactive users? In the case of the
zephyr package, the owner has not been active since 2011-07-18 and had several
flagged packages, many of which had been flagged for quite a while.

I orphaned all of the flagged packages but in such cases should we just
preemptively disown all of the user's packages?

I have written a script to handle such cases [1]. Of course, if there were some
official policy here then this might be better handled server-side, but for now
this solution is convenient.

Incidentally, aurploader contains a full python module since the last release
with support for automating most AUR interaction (disowning, merging, etc.). In
combination with python3-aur it is quite versatile.

Regards,
Xyne

[1] http://xyne.archlinux.ca/scripts/aur/orphanizer

Old 09-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

On 09/14/2012 04:00 PM, Xyne wrote:
> I orphaned all of the flagged packages but in such cases should we just
> preemptively disown all of the user's packages?

This is what I would do -- eventually I'd try to contact the user and
give some time to react. If there will be no answer, it's obvious that
packages should be orphaned.

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
Arch Linux Trusted User