Old 09-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Schala Zeal

Default Removal request: redirect-xsession-errors

I was hoping for a solution to stifling ~/.xsession-errors but my
package apparently doesn't work.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Jonathan Steel

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:09:09PM -0700, Schala Zeal wrote:
> I was hoping for a solution to stifling ~/.xsession-errors but my
> package apparently doesn't work.

Removed, thanks. For the record this was remove-xsession-errors... if I
remember rightly (as I was clicking delete!).

--
Jonathan Steel

Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Jonathan Steel

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 06:17:29PM +0100, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:09:09PM -0700, Schala Zeal wrote:
> > I was hoping for a solution to stifling ~/.xsession-errors but my
> > package apparently doesn't work.
> >
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62685
>
> Removed, thanks. For the record this was remove-xsession-errors... if I
> remember rightly (as I was clicking delete!).

And now I feel stupid as that was in the subject!

--
Jonathan Steel

Old 09-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Martti Kühne

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Jonathan Steel <mail@jsteel.org> wrote:
> And now I feel stupid as that was in the subject!

there's nothing stupid about that. Xdm does this with a cp /dev/null
"$HOME/.xsession-errors" for me, but I have no idea how your desktop
manager handles this, as every implementation seems to have its own
pros and cons with stuff like this.
I recommend you to document your findings in the wiki, unless you
found your solution there.

cheers!
mar77i

Old 09-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Schala Zeal

On 9/11/2012 12:05 PM, Martti Kühne wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Jonathan Steel <mail@jsteel.org> wrote:
>> And now I feel stupid as that was in the subject!
>
> there's nothing stupid about that. Xdm does this with a cp /dev/null
> "$HOME/.xsession-errors" for me, but I have no idea how your desktop
> manager handles this, as every implementation seems to have its own
> pros and cons with stuff like this.
> I recommend you to document your findings in the wiki, unless you
> found your solution there.
>
> cheers!
> mar77i
I just found that changing the 2 ClientLogFile settings in
/usr/share/kde4/kdm/kdmrc to /dev/null works for me. And no, this
package was never remove-xsession-errors.