Old 09-09-2012, 03:49 AM
"Daniel Campbell"

Default Request Removal of 'dupekill' package

Hello. Please remove the "dupekill" package from the AUR.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:02 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 6:49 AM, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@gmx.com> wrote:
> Hello. Please remove the "dupekill" package from the AUR.

Done.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Lukas Jirkovsky

On 9 September 2012 05:49, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@gmx.com> wrote:
> Hello. Please remove the "dupekill" package from the AUR.

It seems someone already removed it. Anyway, please submit reasons &
link to the package in future requests.

Lukas

Old 09-09-2012, 10:38 PM
"Daniel Campbell"

> On 9 September 2012 05:49, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Hello. Please remove the "dupekill" package from the AUR.
>
> It seems someone already removed it. Anyway, please submit reasons &
> link to the package in future requests.
>
> Lukas

Sorry for not including the link. I wasn't aware that was needed. May I ask why
a reason is preferred?

Old 09-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Lukas Jirkovsky

On 10 September 2012 00:38, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@gmx.com> wrote:

> Sorry for not including the link. I wasn't aware that was needed. May I ask why
> a reason is preferred?

Sure you can ask why. I have two reasons why it should be preferred to
drop a note about a reason why it needs to be deleted.

First, we won't remove package just because of some random request
(or: "Hey, lets ask for removal of all packages!"). Usually only
packages that violate rules, packages that are broken, orphaned and
not updated for really long time, packages with nonexistant sources,
packages that have been renamed and many different reasons that didn't
came into my mind when writing this list. Giving a note why the
package should be removed is certainly helpful.

Second - curiosity. I'm curious why the package was removed. In this
case I guess it was the case of "no longer working package and
upstream is abandoned", because the last commit in their development
tree was two years ago.

Have a nice day,
Lukas