Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Ike Devolder

Default python-whoosh should be renamed to python2-whoosh

On Sat, Sep 01, 2012 at 08:44:48PM +0800, rns wrote:
> According to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_Package_Guidelines,
>
> python-whoosh (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=27425) should be
> renamed to python2-whoosh.
>
> What I have done is like this:
> I downloaded the PKGBUILD of python-whoosh, and uploaded it under the name
> of python2-whoosh.
>
> And I realize maybe I've messed something up, because the discussion and
> votes python-whoosh got won't migrate to python2-whoosh in this way. Sorry
> for this.
>
> As my notetaking app "mikidown"
> (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57432) now depends on
> "python3-whoosh"!
> Can someone help me rename the current "python-whoosh" to "python2-whoosh"?
>
> Thxs.

first some notes:
- this mail should have gone to the aur-general mailinglist
- provide links to all the packages you refer to

further on, i will not merge the packages, since you could have asked
the current maintainer to update the package (to depend on python) and
upload the python2 package with a dependency on python2

so the only thing what needs to happen is Stebalien to update the
package python-whoosh to depend on python and you leave the
python2-whoosh also to Stebalien or Stebalien agrees you maintain the
python2 version.

--
Ike