Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM
der_FeniX

Default Package update help

Hello!

I take an orhpaned package [1] and update it. Original binary name is
odeskteam-qt4. AUR package is named as godesk. And now I don't understand -
leave name as is or need to rename it.
I don't know why it was named as godesk, may be because early it was written
on gtk, but now is on qt4 or there is another reason. Anycase I need help now
with the definition of package's name.

Le Roi Est Mort!
Vive Le Roi!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Markus Unterwaditzer

der_FeniX <derfenix@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I take an orhpaned package [1] and update it. Original binary name is
>odeskteam-qt4. AUR package is named as godesk. And now I don't
>understand -
>leave name as is or need to rename it.
>I don't know why it was named as godesk, may be because early it was
>written
>on gtk, but now is on qt4 or there is another reason. Anycase I need
>help now
>with the definition of package's name.
>
>[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37635

I'd ask the devs of odeskteam how they would like to name it.