Old 08-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Robert Knauer

Default Disown request: dayplanner

Hello,
there is a new version of dayplanner[1] since the 28th of March and the
package is marked as outdated since 08th of August and there's no
reaction from the maintainer.
I have a working PKGBUILD for the new version and I already added an
AUR package for perl-date-holidayparser[2], which is a dependency for
the new version, so it would be nice if a TU could disown it that I can
become the maintainer.

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Taylor Lookabaugh

Did you email the maintainer and waited out the two weeks period?

Old 08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Robert Knauer

Am Wed, 22 Aug 2012 06:46:57 -0700
schrieb Taylor Lookabaugh <jesus.christ.i.love@gmail.com>:

> Did you email the maintainer and waited out the two weeks period?
> On Aug 22, 2012 6:05 AM, "Robert Knauer" <robert@privatdemail.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > there is a new version of dayplanner[1] since the 28th of March and
> > the package is marked as outdated since 08th of August and there's
> > no reaction from the maintainer.
> > I have a working PKGBUILD for the new version and I already added an
> > AUR package for perl-date-holidayparser[2], which is a dependency
> > for the new version, so it would be nice if a TU could disown it
> > that I can become the maintainer.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12499
> > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62205

I didn't email the maintainer, but the package has been flagged out of
date 2 weeks ago, so he also got an e-mail 2 weeks ago and didn't react
with a package update or at least a comment to explain why he can't
update.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Taylor Lookabaugh

You still have to email him/her personally per the rules of the AUR. I'm
not sure if the notification feature effects just the comments, or also the
out of date flag.

Sorry for top posting, gmail's client sucks on the phone.

Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 PM
jsteel

On 22 August 2012 15:10, Taylor Lookabaugh
<jesus.christ.i.love@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure if the notification feature effects just the comments, or also the
> out of date flag.

The maintainer does get an email when a package is flagged, but there
_might_ be a good reason why it has not been updated. It's best to
send an email to be sure.

jsteel

Old 08-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Robert Knauer

Am Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:06:51 +0100
schrieb jsteel <mail@jsteel.org>:

> On 22 August 2012 15:10, Taylor Lookabaugh
> <jesus.christ.i.love@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if the notification feature effects just the comments,
> > or also the out of date flag.
>
> The maintainer does get an email when a package is flagged, but there
> _might_ be a good reason why it has not been updated. It's best to
> send an email to be sure.
>
> jsteel

Well, there are more outdated packages from this maintainer[1], some of
them even with an updated PKGBUILD in the comments, but no comment from
the maintainer.
Anyway, I wrote an e-mail and I will wait for an answer, but I think
this is wasted time.

[1]
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?O=0&K=tdy&do_Search=Los&detail=1&C=0& SeB=m&SB=n&SO=a&PP=50&outdated=on

Old 08-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Thorsten Töpper

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:55:32 +0200
Robert Knauer <robert@privatdemail.net> wrote:

> Am Wed, 22 Aug 2012 06:46:57 -0700
> schrieb Taylor Lookabaugh <jesus.christ.i.love@gmail.com>:
>
> > Did you email the maintainer and waited out the two weeks period?
> > On Aug 22, 2012 6:05 AM, "Robert Knauer" <robert@privatdemail.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > there is a new version of dayplanner[1] since the 28th of March
> > > and the package is marked as outdated since 08th of August and
> > > there's no reaction from the maintainer.
> > > I have a working PKGBUILD for the new version and I already added
> > > an AUR package for perl-date-holidayparser[2], which is a
> > > dependency for the new version, so it would be nice if a TU could
> > > disown it that I can become the maintainer.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12499
> > > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=62205
> > >

> I didn't email the maintainer, but the package has been flagged out of
> date 2 weeks ago, so he also got an e-mail 2 weeks ago and didn't
> react with a package update or at least a comment to explain why he
> can't update.

Write the maintainer a personal mail and if there hasn't been any
reaction in the next two weeks revive this thread and one of us TUs will
orphan it for you.

In the meantime you could post your PKGBUILD as a comment so other
users can use it too, also he/she can update it using that one.

--
Jabber: atsutane@freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4 FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4

Old 09-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Robert Knauer

Hello,
please disown dayplanner[1]. It's outdated since 8th of August 2012, I
mailed the maintainer on 22nd of August (two weeks ago), I got no
answer and I have already a PKGBUILD for the new version.

Thanks,
Robert

Old 09-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Lukas Jirkovsky

On 5 September 2012 15:52, Robert Knauer <robert@privatdemail.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> please disown dayplanner[1]. It's outdated since 8th of August 2012, I
> mailed the maintainer on 22nd of August (two weeks ago), I got no
> answer and I have already a PKGBUILD for the new version.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Orphaned.