Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 AM
set

Default KDM - Missing LXDE entry

Hello,

KDM doesn't show installed LXDE entry. /usr/share/xsessions/LXDE.desktop
exists. Using lxdm, I can log in LXDE normally. LXDE.desktop describes
startlxde as Application type. Tried as XSession type, same result.

This is not a big issue, just an annoyance.

Can it be solved simply though ?

Thank you.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Lukas Jirkovsky

On 21 August 2012 10:20, set <nmset@netcourrier.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> KDM doesn't show installed LXDE entry. /usr/share/xsessions/LXDE.desktop
> exists. Using lxdm, I can log in LXDE normally. LXDE.desktop describes
> startlxde as Application type. Tried as XSession type, same result.
>
> This is not a big issue, just an annoyance.
>
> Can it be solved simply though ?
>
> Thank you.

kdm for some reason doesn't search /usr/share/xsessions for desktop
files by default. To add it, edit the /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
config file and add the /usr/share/xsessions path to the
"SessionsDirs=..."

Lukas

Old 08-21-2012, 09:08 AM
"S. Edah-Tally"

Le mardi 21 août 2012 10:26:46 Lukas Jirkovsky a écrit :

> kdm for some reason doesn't search /usr/share/xsessions for desktop
> files by default. To add it, edit the /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
> config file and add the /usr/share/xsessions path to the
> "SessionsDirs=..."
>
> Lukas

Solved, thank you.