Old 08-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Jonathan Arnold

Default PKGBUILD for 32bit app on 64bit Arch

I looked around on the wiki but didn't find any guidelines for
installing a 32bit app on a 64bit arch. For dependencies, is this
common practice in the PKGBUILD:

[ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ] && depends=(lib32-glibc lib32-zlib)
[ "$CARCH" = "i686" ] && depends=(zlib)

--
Jonathan Arnold Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io

Talent wins games, but team work and intelligence wins championships.
Michael Jordan

Old 08-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Jesse Jaara

Yup thats how its done. Lib32-glibc is usually unneeded in the depencies
section, unless glibc is the only depency. I usually also like to add
gcc-multilib as makedepency for non-binary c stuff.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:46 PM
rafael ff1

2012/8/15 Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold@buddydog.org>:
> I looked around on the wiki but didn't find any guidelines for
> installing a 32bit app on a 64bit arch. For dependencies, is this
> common practice in the PKGBUILD:
>
> [ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ] && depends=(lib32-glibc lib32-zlib)
> [ "$CARCH" = "i686" ] && depends=(zlib)
>
> --
> Jonathan Arnold Webstream: http://hieronymus.soup.io
>
> Talent wins games, but team work and intelligence wins championships.
> Michael Jordan

Even though your common works fine when packaging, I prefer not to use
this way because AUR web interface doesn't parse correctly:AUR web
interface will display the dependency of the package as 'zlib' while
it should be 'lib32-glibc lib32-zlib'.

I rather use the script below simply because, with this, AUR will
display correctly the dependency, according to my Arch.

arch=('x86_64' 'i686')
if [ "$CARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
depends=(lib32-glibc lib32-zlib)
elif [ "$CARCH" = "i686" ]; then
depends=(zlib)
fi

For instance, with 64 bit system, access pcsx2-svn [1] package in AUR
and you will notice that it shows 'lib32-' packages as deps.