-   -   Concerning mingw-w64-qt (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/691016-concerning-mingw-w64-qt.html)

Schala Zeal 08-06-2012 07:15 AM

Concerning mingw-w64-qt

I was hoping to get mingw-w64-qt placed into multilib or community repo
because today I had built the package, but it took approximately TEN
HOURS to do so. This is because it builds static release, static debug,
shared release, and shared debug for both 32 and 64-bit. I will admit
the full suite is very handy, but it would be great to have a binary
package in the repo to save people the abysmal build time.

Seeing as mingw-w64's toolchain has a good number of votes and Qt's
widespread use, I feel it would be a great benefit to cross platform
developers, again, given the circumstances of the above issue.

Thanks

Sven-Hendrik Haase 08-09-2012 09:04 AM

Concerning mingw-w64-qt

On 08/06/2012 09:15 AM, Schala Zeal wrote:
> I was hoping to get mingw-w64-qt placed into multilib or community repo
> because today I had built the package, but it took approximately TEN
> HOURS to do so. This is because it builds static release, static debug,
> shared release, and shared debug for both 32 and 64-bit. I will admit
> the full suite is very handy, but it would be great to have a binary
> package in the repo to save people the abysmal build time.
>
> Seeing as mingw-w64's toolchain has a good number of votes and Qt's
> widespread use, I feel it would be a great benefit to cross platform
> developers, again, given the circumstances of the above issue.

> Thanks

I might look at this in a bit.