Old 08-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Dave Reisner

Default Package Uploading Problem

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 03:22:41AM +0200, Jorge Barroso wrote:
> Hello again XD I'm trying to upload the language pack for iceweasel, but
> when I try (https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgsubmit.php) I get an error which
> tells me It is only allowed to use small letters :S the pkbuild is the
> following:
>
> http://pastebin.com/bT4fdtPE
>
> It's taken from the parabolalinux official PKGBUILD (
> https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/abslibre.git/tree/libre/iceweasel-i18n
> )
>
> Could you tell me why do I get this error?

The AUR does not accept split PKGBUILDs. There's no shortage of examples
of how to work around this.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Jorge Barroso

2012/8/6 Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com>

> >The AUR does not accept split PKGBUILDs. There's no shortage of examples
> >of how to work around this.

Mmm... could you explain that a little please? :S
If I make a single PKGBUILD for any language, will it work?

Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 AM
rafael ff1

2012/8/5 Jorge Barroso <jorge.barroso.11@gmail.com>:
> 2012/8/6 Dave Reisner <d@falconindy.com>
>
>> >The AUR does not accept split PKGBUILDs. There's no shortage of examples
>> >of how to work around this.
>>

> Mmm... could you explain that a little please? :S
> If I make a single PKGBUILD for any language, will it work?

You put a black magic inside "pkgname=" and AUR won't parse that. If
you make a single PKGBUILD, it will work for sure.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 AM
rafael ff1

2012/8/5 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1@gmail.com>:

>> Mmm... could you explain that a little please? :S
>> If I make a single PKGBUILD for any language, will it work?
>
> You put a black magic inside "pkgname=" and AUR won't parse that. If
> you make a single PKGBUILD, it will work for sure.

Fix: I meant sigle PKGBUILD for *each* language.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:52 AM
Martti Kühne

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 03:22:41AM +0200, Jorge Barroso wrote:
> Hello again XD I'm trying to upload the language pack for iceweasel, but
> when I try (https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgsubmit.php) I get an error which
> tells me It is only allowed to use small letters :S the pkbuild is the
> following:
>
> http://pastebin.com/bT4fdtPE
>
> It's taken from the parabolalinux official PKGBUILD (
> https://projects.parabolagnulinux.org/abslibre.git/tree/libre/iceweasel-i18n
> )
>
> Could you tell me why do I get this error?

here's a slightly more readable version that doesn't make my eyes bleed [1].
I can also assist you in dynamically creating those language PKGBUILDs if you
can wait a couple of hours until I get up.
Write me on irc if you have questions.

cheers!
mar77i

[1] http://pastebin.com/KDvCKZpp

Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 AM
Jorge Barroso

> 2012/8/6 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1@gmail.com
>
>> >You put a black magic inside "pkgname=" and AUR won't parse that. If
>> >you make a single PKGBUILD, it will work for sure.
>>
> 2012/8/6 Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com>

> >here's a slightly more readable version that doesn't make my eyes bleed
> [1].
> >I can also assist you in dynamically creating those language PKGBUILDs if
> you
> >can wait a couple of hours until I get up.
> >Write me on irc if you have questions.
>
> >cheers!
> >mar77i
>
> >[1] http://pastebin.com/KDvCKZpp

Thanks to the both two Of course I can wait, in fact I'm going to sleep
right now (4:10 am) so we can talk later
Rafael... :S what a pitty :S but there's another way to set the pkgname? :S

Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Martti Kühne

On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 04:11:55AM +0200, Jorge Barroso wrote:
> > 2012/8/6 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1@gmail.com
> >

> Thanks to the both two Of course I can wait, in fact I'm going to sleep
> right now (4:10 am) so we can talk later
> Rafael... :S what a pitty :S but there's another way to set the pkgname? :S

This will do [1].
Tested the first one, it builds.
You could also script updating the pkgbuilds, once they are in place.
Also it requires burp to be present on the system for uploading.
For the raw paste, remove the /bash postfix.

cheers!
mar77i

[1] http://ix.io/2Ij/bash

Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Martti Kühne

oh, line 5 -f is missing after the exclamation mark.
it should tests if it's executed in place...

+if ! [[ -f ./metaPKBUILD ]]; then

sorry if that is clear and/or of too little importance.

cheers!
mar77i

Old 08-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Jorge Barroso

2012/8/6 Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com>

> >oh, line 5 -f is missing after the exclamation mark.
> >it should tests if it's executed in place...
>
> >+if ! [[ -f ./metaPKBUILD ]]; then
>
> >sorry if that is clear and/or of too little importance.
>
> >cheers!
> >mar77i

mmm it works! but, it makes individual packages, depending on the first
language on the line
'for lang in af ak ar as ast be bg bn-BD bn-IN br bs ca cs csb cy da de el
en-GB en-ZA eo es-AR es-CL es-ES es-MX et eu fa ff fi fr fy-NL ga-IE gd gl
gu-IN he hi-IN hr hu hy-AM id is it ja kk km kn ko ku lg lij lt lv mai mk
ml mr nb-NO nl nn-NO nso or pa-IN pl pt-BR pt-PT rm ro ru si sk sl son sq
sr sv-SE ta-LK ta te th tr uk vi zh-CN zh-TW zu; do'

I've erased iceweasel in the line 11 because it forced me to have iceweasel
installed and my pc nowadays can't install iceweasel (power... it fails
compiling)
Anyway, after that I added pkgver pkgrel and arch after pkgname (makepkg
--source asked me for them) and now it makes the src.tar.gz of the last
language, and creates a folder with independent PKGBUILD's for any
language... I think I'll use that to make makepkg --source in any directory
individually now thanks

Old 08-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Jorge Barroso

sorry, just a correction, the change that made makepkg --source to
autocompile the last and not the first was commenting the last lines (the
ones of burp)