Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Heiko Baums

Default TVMobili PKGBUILD

Am Sat, 4 Aug 2012 19:34:20 -0400
schrieb Jacob Block <jacob.block@gmail.com>:

> Brand new here. I'm switching to Arch Linux as my primary OS. I use
> TVMobili<http://www.tvmobili.com/> for
> all my DLNA streaming needs and was surprised it wasn't in the AUR.
> So, here is my first PKGBUILD. I think I hit the appropriate
> standards, but please let me know if I missed anything. namcap
> doesn't through any errors and the PKGBUILD works from scratch on my
> pc. It requires 32 bit libs. I was hoping to get it reviewed and
> added to the AUR. I'm interested in maintaining it as well. The only
> thing I wouldn't mind getting working is having the program work
> under a user instead of having to SUDO it.
>
> A couple of additional questions I didn't really find answers to. Is
> there any process of automatically updating PKGBUILDs? Do I just keep
> tabs on tvmobili updates and update the version number, link, and
> md5sum, test it, then post it back to the AUR?

I haven't checked the source archive in detail, but you don't need
rpmextract. rpm archives are extracted automatically by makepkg. You
then just need to copy the relevant files from $srcdir to $pkgdir.

You should move the documentation in the directories $srcdir/etc/doc and
$srcdir/etc/www to $pkgdir/usr/share/doc/tvmobili.

And the binary should go to /usr/bin instead of /usr/local/bin.

Heiko