Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 AM
Vinycius Maia

Default Messy packages

Today I was creating the package linux-zen, but i noticed that already existed in the aur[1], but check the package i have seen it was git version, then the package should not be linux-zen-git?

The same occurs with linux-next[2]

I have not yet informed the maintainer about this

Old 07-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 7:47 AM, Vinycius Maia <suportevg@uol.com.br> wrote:

> Today I was creating the package linux-zen, but i noticed that already existed in the aur[1], but check the package i have seen it was git version, then the package should not be linux-zen-git?
>
> The same occurs with linux-next[2]

> I have not yet informed the maintainer about this

linux-next is git-only as far as I know; so it's fine to keep it as is.

Matt,

Can you please re-upload linux-zen as linux-zen-git? (Then I'll merge
the votes and comments of the former into it.)

Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 AM
"parwok@gmail.com"

I believe it has an option in the build to use a tarball if necessary. It
gets it from the zen tags.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Vinycius Maia

I'm not the current maintainer of the package named as linux-zen. I want to send to aur only the version with tarball and not the git version

Old 07-27-2012, 02:07 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 4:46 AM, Vinycius Maia <suportevg@uol.com.br> wrote:

> I'm not the current maintainer of the package named as linux-zen. I want to send to aur only the version with tarball and not the git version

My last sentence was directed at Matt (the maintainer of linux-zen);
he has responded in a previous message.

Please use the comments section of linux-zen's AUR [1] page to discuss
possible improvements to the package.