Old 07-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Myra Nelson

Default A question about building qgis

The qgis-trunk package build to this point

Scanning dependencies of target synccrsdb
../../output/bin/crssync: error while loading shared libraries:
libqgis_core.so.1.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [src/crssync/CMakeFiles/synccrsdb] Error 127
make[1]: *** [src/crssync/CMakeFiles/synccrsdb.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

In searching for a solution I found a this solution

[ error while loading shared libraries: libqgis_core.so.1.8.0: cannot

If you have this error while loading a compiled qgis, you can try this:

# get the full lib path, for example
"/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" (no wildcard ~)
# copy this path to a new file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf (on Ubuntu
distribution. This can change a bit)
sudo su
echo "/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" >
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
exit
# ldconfig
sudo ldconfig
# verify with ldd
ldd /home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/bin/qgis | grep "libqgis" ]

here -> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Building_QGIS_from_Source

This is one of my weaker areas. Is this the correct solution or is
there a better way to do this? I really don't want to f'up my box
after successfully negotiating the latest upgrades.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mya

Old 07-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Mateusz Loskot

On 21 July 2012 22:11, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson@hughes.net> wrote:

> If you have this error while loading a compiled qgis, you can try this:
>
> # get the full lib path, for example
> "/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" (no wildcard ~)
> # copy this path to a new file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf (on Ubuntu
> distribution. This can change a bit)
> sudo su
> echo "/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" >
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
> exit
> # ldconfig
> sudo ldconfig
> # verify with ldd
> ldd /home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/bin/qgis | grep "libqgis" ]
>
> here -> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Building_QGIS_from_Source
>
> This is one of my weaker areas. Is this the correct solution or is
> there a better way to do this? I really don't want to f'up my box
> after successfully negotiating the latest upgrades.

This is correct way during installation.
Paths added to files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ locate libraries you consider
as installed, means permanent locations.
So, if /home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib is
such permanent location, but not only location of building, debugging
and testing, then it is OK to add it to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf

But, if the location above is for testing and debugging only,
then I'd suggest to set it with LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the current
environment session. So, the setting is not permanent.

Read section 3.2 and 3.3 where you have it explained:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

Best regards,

Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Myra Nelson

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz@loskot.net> wrote:
> On 21 July 2012 22:11, Myra Nelson <myra.nelson@hughes.net> wrote:
>>
>> If you have this error while loading a compiled qgis, you can try this:
>>
>> # get the full lib path, for example
>> "/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" (no wildcard ~)
>> # copy this path to a new file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf (on Ubuntu
>> distribution. This can change a bit)
>> sudo su
>> echo "/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" >
>> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
>> exit
>> # ldconfig
>> sudo ldconfig
>> # verify with ldd
>> ldd /home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/bin/qgis | grep "libqgis" ]
>>
>> here -> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Building_QGIS_from_Source
>>
>> This is one of my weaker areas. Is this the correct solution or is
>> there a better way to do this? I really don't want to f'up my box
>> after successfully negotiating the latest upgrades.
>
> This is correct way during installation.
> Paths added to files in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ locate libraries you consider
> as installed, means permanent locations.
> So, if /home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib is
> such permanent location, but not only location of building, debugging
> and testing, then it is OK to add it to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
>
> But, if the location above is for testing and debugging only,
> then I'd suggest to set it with LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the current
> environment session. So, the setting is not permanent.
>
> Read section 3.2 and 3.3 where you have it explained:
>
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html
>
> Best regards,

Mateusz:

Thank you very much