Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 PM
"Tomás Acauan Schertel"

Default Menu categories

Hi there,

I'm new to AUR, and I've just assumed my first package.
The original package doesn't come with a .desktop file. So I've created my own on alacarte, and modified to use it on my packeg.

The problem is app's icon shows in "other" group, and not in "audio & video".
Where can I find a tutorial on categories?
Thanks.

Here is my .desktop content:

[Desktop Entry]

Name=Floola
GenericName=Floola
Comment=Floola is a freeware application to efficiently manage your iPod
Exec=floola
Icon=floola
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=AudioVideo;

--
Tomás A. Schertel
tschertel[at]gmail.com

Linux Registered User #304838

Old 04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
"Bjřrn Lindeijer"

On 4/11/08, Tomás Acauan Schertel <tschertel@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm new to AUR, and I've just assumed my first package.
> The original package doesn't come with a .desktop file. So I've created my
> own on alacarte, and modified to use it on my packeg.
> The problem is app's icon shows in "other" group, and not in "audio &
> video".
> Where can I find a tutorial on categories?
> Thanks.

http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html

Index pages:

http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/