FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 PM
SJ_UnderWater
 
Default Consolidation of ALAC

After adopting alacconvert and libalac, I decided that they should be handled as one (split) pkg, so if someone could please merge:
alacconvert: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53497
libalac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53480

into
alac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59613
 
Old 05-30-2012, 12:43 AM
speps
 
Default Consolidation of ALAC

On Tue, 29 May 2012 16:25:48 -0400
SJ_UnderWater <webmaster0007@rcn.com> wrote:

> After adopting alacconvert and libalac, I decided that they should be handled as one (split) pkg, so if someone could please merge:
> alacconvert: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53497
> libalac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53480
>
> into
> alac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59613

It sounds reasonable, btw you may better upload an alac-svn package
instead, since there is still no release and your package actually
uses svn.

Also using a split package is probably not strictly necessary.
A single alac (that provides both libalac and alacconvert) would be
sufficient, since it will not result a big one and upstream does not
split or suggest to split.

Otherwise, if in future upstream will provide two separate source tarball for
releases, splitting again will be necessary.

So, please re-upload a new alac-svn (that provides alac, libalac{,-svn} and
alacconvert{,-svn}), and I'll proceed by deleting alac and merging libalac
and alacconvert into alac-svn.

Thanks


- speps -
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:00 AM
SJ_UnderWater
 
Default Consolidation of ALAC

Done, see: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59618

On May 29, 2012, at 8:43 PM, speps wrote:

> On Tue, 29 May 2012 16:25:48 -0400
> SJ_UnderWater <webmaster0007@rcn.com> wrote:
>
>> After adopting alacconvert and libalac, I decided that they should be handled as one (split) pkg, so if someone could please merge:
>> alacconvert: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53497
>> libalac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53480
>>
>> into
>> alac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59613
>
> It sounds reasonable, btw you may better upload an alac-svn package
> instead, since there is still no release and your package actually
> uses svn.
>
> Also using a split package is probably not strictly necessary.
> A single alac (that provides both libalac and alacconvert) would be
> sufficient, since it will not result a big one and upstream does not
> split or suggest to split.
>
> Otherwise, if in future upstream will provide two separate source tarball for
> releases, splitting again will be necessary.
>
> So, please re-upload a new alac-svn (that provides alac, libalac{,-svn} and
> alacconvert{,-svn}), and I'll proceed by deleting alac and merging libalac
> and alacconvert into alac-svn.
>
> Thanks
>
>
> - speps -
 
Old 05-30-2012, 10:47 AM
speps
 
Default Consolidation of ALAC

On Tue, 29 May 2012 21:00:22 -0400
SJ_UnderWater <webmaster0007@rcn.com> wrote:

> Done, see: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59618
>
> On May 29, 2012, at 8:43 PM, speps wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 May 2012 16:25:48 -0400
> > SJ_UnderWater <webmaster0007@rcn.com> wrote:
> >
> >> After adopting alacconvert and libalac, I decided that they should be handled as one (split) pkg, so if someone could please merge:
> >> alacconvert: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53497
> >> libalac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53480
> >>
> >> into
> >> alac: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=59613
> >
> > It sounds reasonable, btw you may better upload an alac-svn package
> > instead, since there is still no release and your package actually
> > uses svn.
> >
> > Also using a split package is probably not strictly necessary.
> > A single alac (that provides both libalac and alacconvert) would be
> > sufficient, since it will not result a big one and upstream does not
> > split or suggest to split.
> >
> > Otherwise, if in future upstream will provide two separate source tarball for
> > releases, splitting again will be necessary.
> >
> > So, please re-upload a new alac-svn (that provides alac, libalac{,-svn} and
> > alacconvert{,-svn}), and I'll proceed by deleting alac and merging libalac
> > and alacconvert into alac-svn.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> > - speps -
>

Done, thanks.

Btw you may better add provides and conflicts lines for continuity; like

provides=('alac' {libalac,alacconvert}{,-svn})
conflicts=(${provides[@]})
replaces=(${provides[@]:1})

Also please do not top post, cheers.

- speps -
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org