Old 05-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Andrea Scarpino

Default Not the way to go: teamviewer and teamviewer-stable

On Monday 28 May 2012 20:57:58 Christian Stadegaart wrote:
> In my opinion, if Hilinus isn't maintaining properly, the package should
> be orphaned and then maintained by someone else, perhaps tlm. There
> probably is a standard protocol for these kind of issues.

Someone flagged the package as out-of-date at 13:34 GMT[1], and 20 minutes
later tlm uploaded the new one.
We should probably delete tlm's package[2] instead.

[1] "This package has been flagged out of date. (Mon, 28 May 2012 13:34:02
+0000)" https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36481

Andrea

Old 05-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Christian Stadegaart

In my opinion, if Hilinus isn't maintaining properly, the package should
be orphaned and then maintained by someone else, perhaps tlm. There
probably is a standard protocol for these kind of issues.

Someone flagged the package as out-of-date at 13:34 GMT[1], and 20 minutes
later tlm uploaded the new one.
We should probably delete tlm's package[2] instead.

[1] "This package has been flagged out of date. (Mon, 28 May 2012 13:34:02
+0000)" https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36481

I agree, the older package is version 7.0.9348-1, the newer one by tlm
is 7.0.9350-3, which is just slightly newer.

--
Christian Stadegaart

Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 AM
José Valecillos

Is stupid, he is just eagerness for take over the package. I use
teamviewer and the current maintainer update the package very often
(more than I'd like).

--
"La envidia es causada por ver a otro gozar de lo que deseamos; los
celos, por ver a otro poseer lo que quisiéramos poseer nosotros".

Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Federico Cinelli

Have you guys been in touch with him yet? I'm sure someone else will
gladly take over the package if he's no longer interested

Federico Cinelli @ 213.985.9643
CINELLI Motorsports LLC
CINELLI Thoughts @ http://www.CINELLIthoughts.com/
Stay true.

Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Christian Stadegaart

[...]

Guys / gals,

Can someone with administrative power either merge these two packages or
delete tlm's package instead? These two packages will confuse (new)
AUR/Teamviewer users and Hilinus' package was always and is updated just
fine.

Thanks!

--
Christian Stadegaart

Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Seblu

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Christian Stadegaart
<e-mail@bewust-leven.nl> wrote:
> I noticed that tlm created teamviewer-stable package since, in his opinion
> Hilinus, the current maintainer of Teamviewer isn't doing a good job.

I removed tlm package. Everyone seems happy with the current maintainer.

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 05-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Seblu

Old 05-31-2012, 10:53 PM
Christian Stadegaart

<e-mail@bewust-leven.nl> wrote:

I noticed that tlm created teamviewer-stable package since, in his opinion
Hilinus, the current maintainer of Teamviewer isn't doing a good job.

I removed tlm package. Everyone seems happy with the current maintainer.

Thank you!

--
Christian Stadegaart