Old 05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
Christian Stadegaart

Default Not the way to go: teamviewer and teamviewer-stable

I noticed that tlm created teamviewer-stable package since, in his
opinion Hilinus, the current maintainer of Teamviewer isn't doing a good
job.

I think this is not the way it should go.

In my opinion, if Hilinus isn't maintaining properly, the package should
be orphaned and then maintained by someone else, perhaps tlm. There
probably is a standard protocol for these kind of issues.

The current way creates a mess in the AUR.

See this comment on Teamviewer:

Comment by: tlm on Mon, 28 May 2012 13:56:52 +0000
This package is out of date and seems the maintainer doesn't care. I've
uploaded a "teamviewer-stable" package. Please use that instead.

Greets,

Christian.