Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Jesse Juhani Jaara

Default AUR KDE clean up – part 3

Please remove the following KDE related packages.

[1]keep: Upstream site/src-tarball has been nuked
[2]kickass: -||-
[3]kio-fuse-svn: Broken, for kde3, orphan, only 1 vote
[4]kio_p7zip: orphan, out-of-date, broken, comment sugests it is not
needed anymore, seems to be for kde3
[5]klear: orphan, screenshots would suggest it to be KDE3 app but it
depends on kdelibs, VLC can be used instead
[6]knetworkmanager: We no longer have dbus-qt3 in repos, nor AUR,
orphan(Does have lots of votes tought, so it might get easily a
maintainer), but is it worth keeping a KDE3 networkmanager applet
around? Who uses "non"bloated and simple KDE3 instead of KDE4, but then
goes and uses a bloated networkmanagement app like network manager
instead of lighter ones? TU(s) it up to you to...
[7]knewz-svn: Just some random UseNet reader app, upstream dead (by a
quick look), orphan, only 3 votes. Alternatives exist like kwooty (in
AUR).
[8]knice: KDE3 app, depends on KDE4 libs, orphan, not too many votes.
[9]knoda: orpha, legacy KDE3 app, only 1 vote, according to comment,
does not build with pythnon2.7
[10]koffice-2.3: I think this was ment to be a "beta" package for the
2.3 version when we were still on 2.2, orphan, out-of-date, only 4
votes, needs new download link mirror
[11]kommander: super old duplicate of extra/kdewebdev-kommander
[12]kommando: orphan, KDE3 with KDE4-libs as deps, one can easily live
with out it
[13]komparator: orphan, comment on needed changes been there for 2
years, still not fixed. KDE3 app
[14]kompose: One can live without. In general PKGBUILD seems to be inn
somewhat decent condition (it hasn't been updated since 2009, so things
are a bit off). This could potentionally be left in AUR, but considering
it is orphan KDE3 app I will include it here.
[15]konch: Upstear site nuked, orphan
[16]kpad: orphan, there are gazillion differend text editors out there
one can use (altought, many of them cant do ftp or send email....), KDE3
KDE4-libs
[17]kpdf2: KDE3 pdf reader, PKGBUILD uses KDE4-libs, orphan
[18]kpc: XD doesn't even work wit KDE 4.1.3, not to speak of 4.8.0
[19]kpogre: orphan, designed for libpqxx 3.X, but ve have version 4.0 in
repos.
[20]kpopassistant: Lots of 2012 updated mailchecks out there. Getting
rid of an one from 2007, wont hurt anybody
[21]krawlsite: Didn't build in Oct2011 due to old code base, wont
compile in 2012 eather, orphan
[22]kpv: orphan, KDE3 with KDE4 libs.
[23]krecordmydesktop: qt-recordmydesktop in community does the same
[24]krypt: orphan, KDE3 app, low vote count

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=4247
[2]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20325
[3]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=4505
[4]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=5414
[5]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=2415
[6]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19526
[7]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13889
[8]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13216
[9]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37468
[10]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45110
[11]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1824
[12]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=5891
[13]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3225
[14]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16579
[15]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10363
[16]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7595
[17]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12299
[18]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24624
[19]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9372
[20]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9799
[21]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3434
[22]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14271
[23]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9669
[24]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15235

################################################## ###################

Please merge the following KDE related packages.
[1]->[2], [3]->[4].....

[1]kdeicons-crystalclear
[2]kdeicons-crystalproject: Pulls from upstream, more votes, but no
maintainer. Altought the uploader is the same for both and is actually
still the maintainer of the [1].

[3]kdeplasma-applets-rosapanel
[4]kdeplasma-addons-applets-rosapanel: Better name, maintainer, more
votes.

[5]chakra-gtk-config
[6]kde-gtk-config: Project has been moved upstream

[7]chakra-gtk-config-git
[8]kde-gtk-config-git: -||-

[9]kdevmon
[10kdevmon-svn: Better name + maintaer exist

[11]kfacebook-git
[12]akonadi-facebook-git: Better name

[13]kldraw
[14]konstruktor: Based on kldraw, works with KDE4, has maintainer

[15]krazy2
[16]krazy-git: has better name, both pull from same git tree

[1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=6436
[2]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11650

[3]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52282
[4]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52310

[5]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45462
[6]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57401

[7]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55033
[8]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55239

[9]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19994
[10]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20006

[11]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46980
[12]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53369

[13]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7670
[14]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46020

[15]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20508
[16]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54330

Old 05-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 05/25/2012 11:12 PM, Jesse Juhani Jaara wrote:
> Please remove the following KDE related packages.
>
> [1]keep: Upstream site/src-tarball has been nuked
Nuked.
> [2]kickass: -||-
Gone.
> [3]kio-fuse-svn: Broken, for kde3, orphan, only 1 vote
Gone.
> [4]kio_p7zip: orphan, out-of-date, broken, comment sugests it is not
> needed anymore, seems to be for kde3
Gone.
> [5]klear: orphan, screenshots would suggest it to be KDE3 app but it
> depends on kdelibs, VLC can be used instead
Package seems fine but I didn't test building. Will stay for now.
> [6]knetworkmanager: We no longer have dbus-qt3 in repos, nor AUR,
> orphan(Does have lots of votes tought, so it might get easily a
> maintainer), but is it worth keeping a KDE3 networkmanager applet
> around? Who uses "non"bloated and simple KDE3 instead of KDE4, but then
> goes and uses a bloated networkmanagement app like network manager
> instead of lighter ones? TU(s) it up to you to...
Gone.
> [7]knewz-svn: Just some random UseNet reader app, upstream dead (by a
> quick look), orphan, only 3 votes. Alternatives exist like kwooty (in
> AUR).
Gone.
> [8]knice: KDE3 app, depends on KDE4 libs, orphan, not too many votes.
Gone. Also this is now a mainstream KDE feature.
> [9]knoda: orpha, legacy KDE3 app, only 1 vote, according to comment,
> does not build with pythnon2.7
Gone.
> [10]koffice-2.3: I think this was ment to be a "beta" package for the
> 2.3 version when we were still on 2.2, orphan, out-of-date, only 4
> votes, needs new download link mirror
Gone.
> [11]kommander: super old duplicate of extra/kdewebdev-kommander
Gone.
> [12]kommando: orphan, KDE3 with KDE4-libs as deps, one can easily live
> with out it
Gone.
> [13]komparator: orphan, comment on needed changes been there for 2
> years, still not fixed. KDE3 app
Gone.
> [14]kompose: One can live without. In general PKGBUILD seems to be inn
> somewhat decent condition (it hasn't been updated since 2009, so things
> are a bit off). This could potentionally be left in AUR, but considering
> it is orphan KDE3 app I will include it here.
Seems fine and site is there. Leaving it in.
> [15]konch: Upstear site nuked, orphan
Gone.
> [16]kpad: orphan, there are gazillion differend text editors out there
> one can use (altought, many of them cant do ftp or send email....), KDE3
> KDE4-libs
Gone.
> [17]kpdf2: KDE3 pdf reader, PKGBUILD uses KDE4-libs, orphan
Gone.
> [18]kpc: XD doesn't even work wit KDE 4.1.3, not to speak of 4.8.0
Gone.
> [19]kpogre: orphan, designed for libpqxx 3.X, but ve have version 4.0 in
> repos.
Seems fine to me. Leaving it in. Does it build, though?
> [20]kpopassistant: Lots of 2012 updated mailchecks out there. Getting
> rid of an one from 2007, wont hurt anybody
Gone.
> [21]krawlsite: Didn't build in Oct2011 due to old code base, wont
> compile in 2012 eather, orphan
Gone.
> [22]kpv: orphan, KDE3 with KDE4 libs.
Gone.
> [23]krecordmydesktop: qt-recordmydesktop in community does the same
Gone.
> [24]krypt: orphan, KDE3 app, low vote count
Gone.

> [1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=4247
> [2]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20325
> [3]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=4505
> [4]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=5414
> [5]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=2415
> [6]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19526
> [7]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13889
> [8]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=13216
> [9]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37468
> [10]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45110
> [11]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=1824
> [12]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=5891
> [13]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3225
> [14]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16579
> [15]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10363
> [16]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7595
> [17]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12299
> [18]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24624
> [19]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9372
> [20]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9799
> [21]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3434
> [22]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14271
> [23]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=9669
> [24]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15235
>
> ################################################## ###################
>
> Please merge the following KDE related packages.
> [1]->[2], [3]->[4].....
>
> [1]kdeicons-crystalclear
> [2]kdeicons-crystalproject: Pulls from upstream, more votes, but no
> maintainer. Altought the uploader is the same for both and is actually
> still the maintainer of the [1].
Done.

> [3]kdeplasma-applets-rosapanel
> [4]kdeplasma-addons-applets-rosapanel: Better name, maintainer, more
> votes.
Done.

> [5]chakra-gtk-config
> [6]kde-gtk-config: Project has been moved upstream
Done.

> [7]chakra-gtk-config-git
> [8]kde-gtk-config-git: -||-
Done.

> [9]kdevmon
> [10kdevmon-svn: Better name + maintaer exist
Done.

> [11]kfacebook-git
> [12]akonadi-facebook-git: Better name
Done.

> [13]kldraw
> [14]konstruktor: Based on kldraw, works with KDE4, has maintainer
Done.

> [15]krazy2
> [16]krazy-git: has better name, both pull from same git tree
Done.

> [1]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=6436
> [2]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11650
>
> [3]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52282
> [4]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52310
>
> [5]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45462
> [6]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57401
>
> [7]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55033
> [8]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=55239
>
> [9]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19994
> [10]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20006
>
> [11]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46980
> [12]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53369
>
> [13]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7670
> [14]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46020
>
> [15]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20508
> [16]https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54330

Thanks a lot for helping us keep the AUR nice and tidy.