Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Elena ``of Valhalla'

Default Leaving ArchLinux

I'm sorry to say that I've just had to move away from Arch Linux
on my main PC; I've had a great time and I'm going to miss most
of it, but I just needed a debian environment sometimes, and
I was spending more and more time in debian chroots.

I have 25 `packages on AUR`_, none of which has many votes, but
I don't want to leave them to rot, so this is my plan.

.. _`packages on AUR`: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=valhalla&SeB=m

First of all, if anybody is interested in one of my packages
let me know and I'll orphan it so that they can take them over.

For the rest, I am keeping the old Arch partition around
and chrooting into it when they need mainteinance; after a few
months if I find out that I'm not giving them as much love as
they need I'll start orphaning them, but I'll keep subscribed
to the comments and try to keep them up to date until
they are adopted.

I hope that this way I'll be able to move away without leaving
stuff to bitrot in AUR.

Thanks everybody,

--
Elena ``of Valhalla'

Old 05-22-2012, 08:22 AM
Alfredo Palhares

I would like to maintaim the bugseverywhere package[1], including the git[2] version.

Alfredo Palhares

Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Elena ``of Valhalla'

On 2012-05-22 at 10:22:56 +0200, Alfredo Palhares wrote:
> I would like to maintaim the bugseverywhere package[1], including the git[2] version.

orphaned, thanks

--
Elena ``of Valhalla'

Old 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Robert Knauer

I would like to maintain pdfposter [1].

Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Elena ``of Valhalla'

On 2012-05-22 at 15:59:21 +0200, Robert Knauer wrote:
> I would like to maintain pdfposter [1].

orphaned
--
Elena ``of Valhalla'

Old 05-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Jesse Juhani Jaara

I can take the fonts ^_^

Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Elena ``of Valhalla'

On 2012-05-22 at 23:45:00 +0300, Jesse Juhani Jaara wrote:
> I can take the fonts ^_^

disowned, thanks.

I'd recommend keeping a copy of the Unicode Fonts for Ancient Scripts
source zips: upstream has a tendency to move them around and at
least once they disappeared for a while.

If it had happened again I was planning to put a proper mirror
somewhere online and use that for the PKGBUILDs.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla'