Old 05-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Auguste Pop

Default postinstall script and local user directory

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Jorge Barroso
<jorge.barroso.11@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/5/22 Auguste Pop <auguste@gmail.com>
>

>> >i suggest installing a script doing what you want to do in $HOME
>> >directory and print out an instruction in post_install function to
>> >remind the user to run that script as normal user without sudo.
>>
>> >inside the script, $HOME can be used, or ~ too.
>>

> Thanks Auguste, I'd like to do it all in the postinstall even though, I'll
> try a little changes on it and I'll see what can I do and if I see it
> doesn't works... I'll keep that on account
>
> Good Idea, I wasn't thought about that

ok. in this case, i suggest you make a wrapper script that 1. checks
the content in user's $HOME directory, 2. does whatever is necessary,
3. runs the actual program.

in this case, what you have done is totally transparent to the user
and every user on the system can use that application.

best regards,

Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Jorge Barroso

2012/5/23 Auguste Pop <auguste@gmail.com>

>ok. in this case, i suggest you make a wrapper script that 1. checks
>the content in user's $HOME directory, 2. does whatever is necessary,
>3. runs the actual program.

>in this case, what you have done is totally transparent to the user
>and every user on the system can use that application.

>best regards,

It doesn't worked :S I'll see what to do... maybe it's because of I have to
change something else on the PKGBUILD

Auguste... It's a good idea, doing it like a patch, it'll be easier, but I
don't like adding patches... even I'll do a patch if I can't do it on
another way