Old 04-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Ivy Foster

Default GAIM-related packages in AUR

So thanks to a typo while looking for a package using yaourt,
yesterday I discovered that although GAIM itself is no longer
available from Arch proper or from AUR, there are still several
packages in the AUR related to GAIM, many of which are orphaned and
few if any of which have been updated in over a year. I'd like to
suggest that unless any folks still maintaining these packages object,
that they be removed, what with GAIM being superseded by
pidgin/finch/libpurple.

Hopefully this won't cause too much controversy :-).

Thanks!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:04 AM
Alessio Bolognino

On Tue 2008-04-08 20:48 , Ivy Foster wrote:
> So thanks to a typo while looking for a package using yaourt,
> yesterday I discovered that although GAIM itself is no longer
> available from Arch proper or from AUR, there are still several
> packages in the AUR related to GAIM, many of which are orphaned and
> few if any of which have been updated in over a year. I'd like to
> suggest that unless any folks still maintaining these packages object,
> that they be removed, what with GAIM being superseded by
> pidgin/finch/libpurple.
>
> Hopefully this won't cause too much controversy :-).

Well, you can do it by yourself: adopt the packages and then delete them if the
packages are orphans, otherwise contact the current maintainer.

--
Alessio (molok) Bolognino

Please send personal email to themolok@gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF 2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB