-   -   Vegastrike games orphaned in the AUR (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/655641-vegastrike-games-orphaned-aur.html)

Sven-Hendrik Haase 04-13-2012 01:55 PM

Vegastrike games orphaned in the AUR

SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I noticed that you orphaned the vegastrike games. May I know the
reason? I might be willing to take over, if it's worth it, upstream seems
to be active.
Thanks
SanskritFritz

I don't use the package and didn't want to update it. Also upstream is really slow.

SanskritFritz 04-13-2012 02:19 PM

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>wrote:

> SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I noticed that you orphaned the vegastrike games. May I know the
> reason? I might be willing to take over, if it's worth it, upstream seems
> to be active.
> Thanks
> SanskritFritz
>

> I don't use the package and didn't want to update it. Also upstream is
> really slow.

So, you are Dragonlord? Didnt know that.
Do you have any warnings for me or special things to consider if I adopted
the packages?

Sven-Hendrik Haase 04-13-2012 02:21 PM

Vegastrike games orphaned in the AUR

SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Sven-Hendrik Haase <sh@lutzhaase.com>wrote:

> SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I noticed that you orphaned the vegastrike games. May I know the
> reason? I might be willing to take over, if it's worth it, upstream seems
> to be active.
> Thanks
> SanskritFritz
>

> I don't use the package and didn't want to update it. Also upstream is
> really slow.

So, you are Dragonlord? Didnt know that.
Do you have any warnings for me or special things to consider if I adopted
the packages?

I'm not dragonlord but I was the previous maintainer of vegastrike. There is nothing wrong with the package. Go ahead and maintain it.