Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   ArchLinux User Repository (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/)
-   -   Merge requests for compiz-*git to compiz-*-bzr (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/655556-merge-requests-compiz-git-compiz-bzr.html)

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera 04-13-2012 09:00 AM

Merge requests for compiz-*git to compiz-*-bzr
 
Compiz is no longer developed in git, but rather in bzr.

There are several compiz-*-git packages that should be merged into the
new compiz-*-bzr packages:

I don't think comments are generally relevant, so I don't think they
need to be merged.

compiz-core-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-core-bzr 3091-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26334
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58430

compiz-plugins-main-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-plugins-main-bzr 27-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50551
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58431

compiz-plugins-extra-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-plugins-extra-bzr 10-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50552
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58432

libcompizconfig-git 20110827-1 -> libcompizconfig-bzr 430-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11734
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58433

compizconfig-python-git 20111203-1 -> compizconfig-python-bzr 168-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11730
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58434

ccsm-git 20110827-1 -> ccsm-bzr 808-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11536
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58435

compizconfig-backend-gsettings-git 20110827-2 ->
compizconfig-backend-gsettings-bzr 158-1
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51898
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58437

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

Ike Devolder 04-15-2012 10:57 AM

Merge requests for compiz-*git to compiz-*-bzr
 
Op vrijdag 13 april 2012 06:00:28 schreef Hugo Osvaldo Barrera:
> Compiz is no longer developed in git, but rather in bzr.
>
> There are several compiz-*-git packages that should be merged into the
> new compiz-*-bzr packages:
>
> I don't think comments are generally relevant, so I don't think they
> need to be merged.
>
> compiz-core-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-core-bzr 3091-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26334
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58430
>
> compiz-plugins-main-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-plugins-main-bzr 27-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50551
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58431
>
> compiz-plugins-extra-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-plugins-extra-bzr 10-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50552
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58432
>
> libcompizconfig-git 20110827-1 -> libcompizconfig-bzr 430-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11734
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58433
>
> compizconfig-python-git 20111203-1 -> compizconfig-python-bzr 168-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11730
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58434
>
> ccsm-git 20110827-1 -> ccsm-bzr 808-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11536
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58435
>
> compizconfig-backend-gsettings-git 20110827-2 ->
> compizconfig-backend-gsettings-bzr 158-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51898
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58437
>
> --
> Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

It looks like the links on their official site point to git

--Ike

jordan 04-15-2012 12:22 PM

Merge requests for compiz-*git to compiz-*-bzr
 
> It looks like the links on their official site point to git
>
> --Ike

Hugo is correct when he says Compiz no longer uses GIT, Ike.

The Compiz website should really be updated and there hasn't been any
commits to GIT in months. All development has shifted to Launchpad
using ~bazaar (for Compiz 0.9+) ... Sam (one of the main compiz-devs)
tried to have both bzr branches, while pushing changes back to GIT
(master branch) - but in the end it made the code and changes harder
to manage. They decided to dump GIT, being as many of the projects
using Compiz (like Unity) live on launchpad/bzr anyway.

Compiz 0.8.8 probably still lives in GIT. But i believe those
Compiz-git packages build 0.9+ series, so they probably should be
ditched in favor of the compiz-bzr packages.

take care

jordan

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera 04-15-2012 08:47 PM

Merge requests for compiz-*git to compiz-*-bzr
 
On 2012-04-15 09:22, jordan wrote:
>> It looks like the links on their official site point to git
>>
>> --Ike
>
> Hugo is correct when he says Compiz no longer uses GIT, Ike.
>
> The Compiz website should really be updated and there hasn't been any
> commits to GIT in months. All development has shifted to Launchpad
> using ~bazaar (for Compiz 0.9+) ... Sam (one of the main compiz-devs)
> tried to have both bzr branches, while pushing changes back to GIT
> (master branch) - but in the end it made the code and changes harder
> to manage. They decided to dump GIT, being as many of the projects
> using Compiz (like Unity) live on launchpad/bzr anyway.
>
> Compiz 0.8.8 probably still lives in GIT. But i believe those
> Compiz-git packages build 0.9+ series, so they probably should be
> ditched in favor of the compiz-bzr packages.
>
> take care
>
> jordan

Yes, they are the 0.9x branch, and, as you said, the website is
seriously outdated. GIT is no longer used, and launchpad contains the
latest relevant information, not compiz.org (though I agree this is not
at all obvious to anyone not following compiz).

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

Lukáš Jirkovský 04-19-2012 04:41 PM

Merge requests for compiz-*git to compiz-*-bzr
 
On 13 April 2012 11:00, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera <hugo@osvaldobarrera.com.ar> wrote:
> Compiz is no longer developed in git, but rather in bzr.
>
> There are several compiz-*-git packages that should be merged into the
> new compiz-*-bzr packages:
>
> I don't think comments are generally relevant, so I don't think they
> need to be merged.
>
> compiz-core-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-core-bzr 3091-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26334
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58430
>
> compiz-plugins-main-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-plugins-main-bzr 27-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50551
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58431
>
> compiz-plugins-extra-git 20110827-1 -> compiz-plugins-extra-bzr 10-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50552
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58432
>
> libcompizconfig-git 20110827-1 -> libcompizconfig-bzr 430-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11734
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58433
>
> compizconfig-python-git 20111203-1 -> compizconfig-python-bzr 168-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11730
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58434
>
> ccsm-git 20110827-1 -> ccsm-bzr 808-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=11536
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58435
>
> compizconfig-backend-gsettings-git 20110827-2 ->
> compizconfig-backend-gsettings-bzr 158-1
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51898
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=58437
>
> --
> Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

I merged all of them. Thanks for keeping AUR clean. I wish Compiz guys
mentioned it on the compiz.org too.

Lukas


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:03 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.