-   -   tu bylaws update proposal (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-user-repository/655533-tu-bylaws-update-proposal.html)

Ike Devolder 04-13-2012 07:38 AM

tu bylaws update proposal

Hi,

after my own application and seeing it again i would like to propose an update
to the TU Bylaws giving more information that the application should be gpg
signed with the addidional publication of the public key.

This would also imply we can remove the eleventh point of:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/New_AUR_TU_guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Us ers

attached the patch for https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html

--Ike

Kaiting Chen 04-13-2012 07:43 AM

tu bylaws update proposal

Agreed; it's nice to have a single centralized document that delineates the
procedure. I don't think that we should remove the eleventh point of

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/New_AUR_TU_guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Us ers

however as it is perfectly conceivable for a TU to use a different key for
their package signing. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Kaiting Chen 04-13-2012 08:14 AM

tu bylaws update proposal

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Kaiting Chen <kaitocracy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Agreed; it's nice to have a single centralized document that delineates
> the procedure. I don't think that we should remove the eleventh point of
>

> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/New_AUR_TU_guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Us ers
>
> however as it is perfectly conceivable for a TU to use a different key for
> their package signing. --Kaiting.
>

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 3:38 AM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> after my own application and seeing it again i would like to propose an
>> update
>> to the TU Bylaws giving more information that the application should be
>> gpg
>> signed with the addidional publication of the public key.
>>
>> This would also imply we can remove the eleventh point of:
>>
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/New_AUR_TU_guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Us ers
>>
>> attached the patch for
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html
>>
>> --Ike
>

> --
> Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Ahh sorry about the top post guys. A little inebriated after a long day of
work and I forgot about the standard here. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Florian Pritz 04-13-2012 11:30 AM

tu bylaws update proposal

On 13.04.2012 09:38, Ike Devolder wrote:
> This would also imply we can remove the eleventh point of:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/New_AUR_TU_guidelines#TODO_list_for_new_Trusted_Us ers

Don't remove it, but replace it with something like "Get your/a GPG key
signed by the master keys".

> attached the patch for https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html

Looks like mailman removed it.

--
Florian Pritz

Ike Devolder 04-13-2012 11:36 AM

tu bylaws update proposal

Op vrijdag 13 april 2012 13:30:23 schreef Florian Pritz:
> On 13.04.2012 09:38, Ike Devolder wrote:
> > This would also imply we can remove the eleventh point of:
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/New_AUR_TU_guidelines#TODO_list_for_n
> > ew_Trusted_Users
> Don't remove it, but replace it with something like "Get your/a GPG key
> signed by the master keys".
>
> > attached the patch for
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/trusted-user/TUbylaws.html
>
> Looks like mailman removed it.