Old 04-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Florian Pritz

Default TU application - ConnorBehan

On 14.04.2012 10:23, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
> On 04/14/2012 10:19 AM, Florian Pritz wrote:
>> On 14.04.2012 07:34, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
>>> It will be great if you'll start using mail client with threading support.
>>
>> There are References and In-Reply-To headers (in this mail, not the
>> previous), but they point to mail from mailman.
>>
>> Do you get digests instead of separate mails?
>
> True, I've checked mailman interface and it seems to be problem with my
> mail client. No, I get separated mails.

I meant if Connor gets digest, sorry for being unclear there.

No need to check your client, you won't have the mail the headers reference.

Mailman probably looks at the subject if it can't find the mail
mentioned in In-Reply-To and adds it as a direct child of the first one.
If you look closely you can see that it's not listed as a reply to Ike's
mail, but as a reply to Connor's first mail.

--
Florian Pritz

Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Sergej Pupykin

On 13.04.2012 04:54, Connor Behan wrote:
> Hello Archers. This is my application to be a trusted user and my
> sponsor is Sergej Pupykin.

Yes, I sponsor him.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Connor Behan

On 14/04/12 11:02 AM, Florian Pritz wrote:
> On 14.04.2012 10:23, Bartłomiej Piotrowski wrote:
>>> There are References and In-Reply-To headers (in this mail, not the
>>> previous), but they point to mail from mailman.
>>>
>>> Do you get digests instead of separate mails?
>> True, I've checked mailman interface and it seems to be problem with my
>> mail client. No, I get separated mails.
> I meant if Connor gets digest, sorry for being unclear there.
Yes, I switched all my lists to digest mode awhile ago when I was
spending more and more time deleting emails. Do you feel strongly that I
should switch back?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Connor Behan <connor.behan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I switched all my lists to digest mode awhile ago when I was
> spending more and more time deleting emails. Do you feel strongly that I
> should switch back?

Yes, please switch back for the lists you're going to be participating in.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
Sergej Pupykin

At Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:54:12 -0700,
Connor Behan <connor.behan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Archers. This is my application to be a trusted user and my
> sponsor is Sergej Pupykin. My name on all Arch projects is ConnorBehan.

Discussion looks finished, I have started voting in AUR.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Connor Behan

On 17/04/12 09:18 AM, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> At Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:54:12 -0700,
> Connor Behan <connor.behan@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Archers. This is my application to be a trusted user and my
>> sponsor is Sergej Pupykin. My name on all Arch projects is ConnorBehan.
> Discussion looks finished, I have started voting in AUR.
Thank-you. By the way, I just realized that one of the things I said may
have come out wrong. I referred to "info2man" as a neglected package
since there are a few necessary changes that I could make if I adopted
it soon. This is still true, but at the time I didn't realize that the
maintainer was Dragonlord - an active TU who maintains hundreds of
packages. This is a bigger contribution than I have made so far so I
must clarify that I meant no disrespect!