Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

Default Compiz* package cleanup

The following packages should be deleted (or merged in some cases).

Dependency no longer exists, orphan, and already almost certain this no
longer works. (this has been unsupported upstream for a long time).

Haven't been updated for YEARS, the domains (both for url and website)
no longer exists.

Does not build - the maintainer himself said it did not after the last
update; which was over 6 months ago, so abandoned as well.

Hasn't been updated in over 6 months, does not build (upstream killed
the emerald for compiz 0.9, actually).

Not a single vote, orphan and out of date.

Broken; domain (both for url and website) has not existed for some time now.

Fails to build, looks abandoned (both the package, and upstream).

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

Old 04-10-2012, 04:55 AM
小龙 陈

I agree with deleting my compizconfig-backend-kconfig4-git package.It's no longer developed upstream.
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51899)
Regards,Xiao-Long Chen

Old 04-10-2012, 06:23 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
<hugo@osvaldobarrera.com.ar> wrote:
> The following packages should be deleted (or merged in some cases).

It's great that you're clearing thing up, good job =). You really
should include package names in the email as well for posterity's sake
(once the TU deletes the referred to packages, the links go nowhere so
noone will know the exact names of the deleted packages.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

On 2012-04-10 03:23, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera
> <hugo@osvaldobarrera.com.ar> wrote:
>> The following packages should be deleted (or merged in some cases).
>
> It's great that you're clearing thing up, good job =). You really
> should include package names in the email as well for posterity's sake
> (once the TU deletes the referred to packages, the links go nowhere so
> noone will know the exact names of the deleted packages.

I'll take this into consideration!
Thanks, cheers!

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

Old 04-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Martti Khne

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:41:14AM -0300, Hugo Osvaldo Barrera wrote:
emerald-git
emerald-themes-git
compizconfig-backend-gconf-git
pycompiz-svn
fusion-icon-git
compiz-plugins-unsupported++
emerald-themes++
compizconfig-backend-kconfig
compizconfig-backend-kconfig4-git

one of them was a duplicate request even.
try to get things straight. can't be that hard.

cheers!
mar77i