Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 AM
"Daniel Campbell"

Default Request for Package Removal

I uploaded a package that has the source included. The wiki mentioned binaries but nothing about languages like bash or Python that don't need to be compiled.

Anyway, since I don't have a place to host it and fix the PKGBUILD, it needs to be removed so the AUR's not marred, I suppose. The package is named 'dupekill'. I uploaded it and am the current maintainer (xelados on the AUR). If you need further proof, my Github page is at https://github.com/sporkbox and should have this e-mail address as the contact address in the profile.

Sorry to add to the workload. If the software supported it I wouldn't have had to bother anyone. Thanks.

You guys should really give an option for people who upload packages to delete them through the same interface if, like me, they realize they screwed up. I had to subscribe to this list before I could send an e-mail to ask for someone to do something that should be possible without human involvement...

Old 04-09-2012, 12:53 AM
Seblu

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@gmx.com> wrote:
> I uploaded a package that has the source included. The wiki mentioned binaries but nothing about languages like bash or Python that don't need to be compiled.
>
> Anyway, since I don't have a place to host it and fix the PKGBUILD, it needs to be removed so the AUR's not marred, I suppose. The package is named 'dupekill'. I uploaded it and am the current maintainer (xelados on the AUR). If you need further proof, my Github page is at https://github.com/sporkbox and should have this e-mail address as the contact address in the profile.
Removed. Please include a link next time.

> Sorry to add to the workload. If the software supported it I wouldn't have had to bother anyone. Thanks.
>
> You guys should really give an option for people who upload packages to delete them through the same interface if, like me, they realize they screwed up. I had to subscribe to this list before I could send an e-mail to ask for someone to do something that should be possible without human involvement...
It's not so simple.

--
Sťbastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 04-09-2012, 07:39 AM
Luk√°Ň° Jirkovsk√Ĺ

On 9 April 2012 02:40, Daniel Campbell <dlcampbell@gmx.com> wrote:

> You guys should really give an option for people who upload packages to delete them through the same interface if, like me, they realize they screwed up. I had to subscribe to this list > before I could send an e-mail to ask for someone to do something that should be possible without human involvement...

This functionality used to be in AUR. It was removed, because it had
happened that several times someone adopted a popular, but orphaned
package and removed it.

Lukas

Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera

On 2012-04-08 21:40, Daniel Campbell wrote:
> I uploaded a package that has the source included. The wiki mentioned binaries but nothing about languages like bash or Python that don't need to be compiled.
>
> Anyway, since I don't have a place to host it and fix the PKGBUILD, it needs to be removed so the AUR's not marred, I suppose. The package is named 'dupekill'. I uploaded it and am the current maintainer (xelados on the AUR). If you need further proof, my Github page is at https://github.com/sporkbox and should have this e-mail address as the contact address in the profile.
>
> Sorry to add to the workload. If the software supported it I wouldn't have had to bother anyone. Thanks.
>
> You guys should really give an option for people who upload packages to delete them through the same interface if, like me, they realize they screwed up. I had to subscribe to this list before I could send an e-mail to ask for someone to do something that should be possible without human involvement...

Since you use github, you could create a tag for every version, and have
the PKGBUILD download a ZIP from appropiate tag (there's a "zip" button
next to the repo url: https://github.com/sporkbox/dupekill

Cheers!

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera