Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Johannes Held

Default Mailing list rename

"R. Dale Thomas" <rdt@knoppmyth.net>:
> Well, sure looks much better that way.
*thumbs up*

--
Gruß, Johannes
Täglich http://blog.hehejo.de und du fühlst dich gut.

http://cryptocd.eduforge.org/online_version

Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Marc Deop i Argemí

On Friday 30 November 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Ok... well - how about this - I shut it off, as a trial, on this list.
> Anyone want to yell about it?

Great!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 AM
"Rodrigo Coacci"

On Nov 30, 2007 7:09 AM, Marc Deop i Argemí <damnshock@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday 30 November 2007, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Ok... well - how about this - I shut it off, as a trial, on this list.
> Anyone want to yell about it?

Great!

+1!
No more deleting footers for me! :-)
--
Cheers,
* * *Rodrigo

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open windows.
* * * * * * * * * ~Linus Torvalds

Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Grigorios Bouzakis

I would prefer keeping at least one line

Greg

Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Hussam Al-Tayeb

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 14:37 +0200, Grigorios Bouzakis wrote:
> I would prefer keeping at least one line
>
> Greg

Yes, please keep at least one line that indicates the mailing list. It
will look more elegant that way.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Johannes Held

Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332@gmail.com>:
> It will look more elegant that way.
Let's use html-email with fancy logos and background images.
:-)

Old 11-30-2007, 12:20 PM
"Vinay Shastry"

On Nov 30, 2007 6:41 PM, Johannes Held <mail@hehejo.de> wrote:
> Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332@gmail.com>:
> > It will look more elegant that way.
> Let's use html-email with fancy logos and background images.
> :-)

And something flash based! how can you forget flash???

--
Vinay S Shastry
http://vinayshastry.blogspot.com/

Old 11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
"Travis Willard"

On Nov 30, 2007 8:20 AM, Vinay Shastry <vinayshastry@gmail.com> wrote:

On Nov 30, 2007 6:41 PM, Johannes Held <mail@hehejo.de> wrote:
> Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332@gmail.com>:
> > It will look more elegant that way.

> Let's use html-email with fancy logos and background images.
> :-)

And something flash based! how can you forget flash???

This thread is getting offtopic fast.

Locked.

.... owait....

Old 11-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Hussam Al-Tayeb

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 08:28 -0500, Travis Willard wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 8:20 AM, Vinay Shastry <vinayshastry@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 30, 2007 6:41 PM, Johannes Held <mail@hehejo.de> wrote:
> > Hussam Al-Tayeb <ht990332@gmail.com>:
> > > It will look more elegant that way.
> > Let's use html-email with fancy logos and background images.
> > :-)
>

> And something flash based! how can you forget flash???
>
> This thread is getting offtopic fast.
>
> Locked.
>

> .... owait....

Where did you hear me suggesting those? I never suggested logos or
animations.
A simple "ArchLinux General Mailing List" footer looks professional and
is non intrusive.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Marc Deop i Argemí

On Friday 30 November 2007, Hussam Al-Tayeb wrote:
> A simple "ArchLinux General Mailing List" footer looks professional

Does it need to look professional? Or do we only need the list to be
functional?

> and is non intrusive.

Well, I disagree. Many people have pointed it to be intrusive too

Damnshock