Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Thomas Haider

Default Mailing list rename

> On Nov 27, 2007 6:52 PM, Scott Horowitz <stonecrest@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 27, 2007 5:32 PM, Allan McRae <mcrae_allan@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > -1 from me. I filter all Arch mailing lists I subscribe to into
> > > one folder. This way I can see where the message came from what
> > > I can reply to.
> >
> > I second that! I filter all linux mailing lists into one folder and
> > like that it shows which list is which. I hope this is retained.
>
> I don't plan on doing away with it. It's been there for ages and is
> common on... well every mailing list I've been subscribed to.
>
> On Nov 27, 2007 6:55 PM, Cesar G. Miguel <cesargm@ime.usp.br> wrote:
> > > Actually, i would like to keep that because gmail filters only
> > > works by subject if I'm not wrong.
> >
> > Gmail can also filter by e-mail address! That's how I use it.
>
> Yeah, just keep in mind that to filter these lists you need to filter
> on the To address, not the From.
> These mails are "To: arch-general@archlinux.org", not from the list.
> They are From the poster.

Or you can filter on the Sender address. eg: "Sender:
arch-general-bounces@archlinux.org"

Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Thomas Bchler

Petar Bogdanovic schrieb:
> Would it be possible to remove the [arch-general] prefix from the
> subject line? It seems pretty useless to me since there are a lot of
> other headers on which a filter can be based on. The same goes for the
> automatic signature. One gets the following headers:

The prefix in the subject is fine, but can we please drop the footer?
It's annoying and breaks GPG/MIME.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
David Rosenstrauch

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> Yeah, just keep in mind that to filter these lists you need to filter
> on the To address, not the From.
> These mails are "To: arch-general@archlinux.org", not from the list.
> They are From the poster.

Filtering by ListId is generally the most accurate, I've found. Most
list admin software supports it (including this one), as does
yahoogroups and googlegroups.

DR

Old 11-29-2007, 03:14 AM
"Jeff Mickey"

On Nov 28, 2007 4:37 AM, Thomas Bchler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> The prefix in the subject is fine, but can we please drop the footer?
> It's annoying and breaks GPG/MIME.

+74

I hate the footer.

// codemac
--
. : [ + carpe diem totus tuus + ] : .

Old 11-29-2007, 01:15 PM
"Roman Kyrylych"

2007/11/29, Jeff Mickey <jeff@archlinux.org>:
> On Nov 28, 2007 4:37 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > The prefix in the subject is fine, but can we please drop the footer?
> > It's annoying and breaks GPG/MIME.
>
> +74
>
> I hate the footer.

+1337! :P

--
Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

Old 11-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Grigorios Bouzakis

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 04:15:28PM +0200, Roman Kyrylych wrote:
> 2007/11/29, Jeff Mickey <jeff@archlinux.org>:
> > On Nov 28, 2007 4:37 AM, Thomas Bächler <thomas@archlinux.org> wrote:
> > > The prefix in the subject is fine, but can we please drop the footer?
> > > It's annoying and breaks GPG/MIME.
> >
> > +74
> >
> > I hate the footer.
> >

> +1337! :P
>
> --
> Roman Kyrylych (*оман Кирилич)

i would vote for getting rid of the footer as well if thats an option.
or at least shorten it a bit. its irritating when people quote & quote
without removing it.

Greg

Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Marc Deop i Argem

On Thursday 29 November 2007, slubman wrote:
> I want the footer to stay, cause it add a rapid link/way to go to the
> html archive of the list.

Man! Set a bookmark in your browser!

Anyway...what's the point of the footer? Anybody knows? If it's useless...we
should get rid of it.

Damnshock

Old 11-30-2007, 12:36 AM
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino

On Thu 2007-11-29 21:36 , slubman wrote:
> Le Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:17:49 +0100,
> Johannes Held <mail@hehejo.de> a crit :
>
> > "Aaron Griffin" <aaronmgriffin@gmail.com>:
> > > How does it break GPG/MIME? Just curious.
> > GPG/MIME encrypts/signs the WHOLE email. Subject, body and
> > attachments and attaches this to an new email.
> > Mail programm notices that and shows the attached mail as original
> > mail.
> >
> > Thinking about it - the footer would break only encryption - but not
> > signing. (The sign is also attached as MIME)..
> >
> > Um.. jeah
>
> Here, with kmail and claws-mail, AFAIK signing is not broken by the
> footer.
>
> I want the footer to stay, cause it add a rapid link/way to go to the
> html archive of the list.

I don't care so much about the footer, but analyze it: it contains the email
address and the description of the ml, pretty much redundant informations (you
can see it in the To:/List-ID header)

Do you want a way to go to the archive? Take a look at the headers:

--
Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino
Arch Linux Trusted User

Please send personal email to themolok@gmail.com

Public Key http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFE0270FB
GPG Key ID = 1024D / FE0270FB 2007-04-11
Key Fingerprint = 9AF8 9011 F271 450D 59CF 2D7D 96C9 8F2A FE02 70FB

WE HATE YOU! -+

Old 11-30-2007, 12:41 AM
"Aaron Griffin"

On Nov 29, 2007 7:36 PM, Alessio 'mOLOk' Bolognino
<themolok.ml@gmail.com> wrote:
> WE HATE YOU! -+

Ok... well - how about this - I shut it off, as a trial, on this list.
Anyone want to yell about it?

Old 11-30-2007, 12:48 AM
"R. Dale Thomas"

Aaron Griffin wrote:

Ok... well - how about this - I shut it off, as a trial, on this list.
Anyone want to yell about it?

Well, sure looks much better that way.