Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Det

Default Removal request: virtualbox-sun

I guess this is a good summary of all the talk in virtualbox-sun's
comment section[1].

The reality here is that virtualbox-bin[2] has evolved into something
_at least_ as good as virtualbox-sun. While it's true that -sun is the
original one it's also the one with the incorrect naming, a bit slower
updates (by a day or so) and less votes (229 vs -bin's 3430). Because we
can't justify keeping duplicated work around just to make everybody
happy, one of them has to go.

Even if -sun was to stay here the "better" stuff in -bin would have to
be implemented there first before the removal and the renaming. When put
together with the comment/vote merge it's starting to sound a bit
pointless (taken how we can just remove that one).

I know what I'd do but it's not my decision: it's yours.

[1] virtualbox-sun = https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31996
[2] virtualbox-bin = https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51727

Det