Old 04-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Ivy Foster

Default New packages, quick question proposals

Hi, folks...

I started using Arch about a month ago, and recently decided it might
be good to (a) pick up orphaned packages I find useful (1 so far) and
(b) upload new packages that might be useful. Therefore, I've adopted
the ps annotator flpsed and submitted a few packages for clisp that
are either built in to sbcl (asdf, asdf-install) or were packaged
specifically for sbcl on AUR (cl-ppcre, stumpwm).

That brings me to my question. If I wanted to, say, submit a clisp
module/library packaging standards proposal, would I just write it up
and send it here? Basically, I'd like to see a few things happen,
particularly in regards to packaging programs for specific lisp
implementations when they don't need to be (I'd be fine seeing the
packages I uploaded merged with someone else's PKGBUILD, for example)
and in regards to where things get put, just so things don't end up
being all haphazard.

Thanks a lot!

Ivy

Old 04-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Loui

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 18:18:21 -0400
Ivy Foster <ivy.foster@gmail.com> wrote:

> That brings me to my question. If I wanted to, say, submit a clisp
> module/library packaging standards proposal, would I just write it up
> and send it here? Basically, I'd like to see a few things happen,
> particularly in regards to packaging programs for specific lisp
> implementations when they don't need to be (I'd be fine seeing the
> packages I uploaded merged with someone else's PKGBUILD, for example)
> and in regards to where things get put, just so things don't end up
> being all haphazard.

This would be a decent place to discuss it, as well as the forum.
The wiki would be a good place to write and edit the standard. You
could even link to it from the Arch Packaging Guidelines.