FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux User Repository

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
Spyros Stathopoulos
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

Hello everyone! The package I was maintaining "qasmixer"
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48676) has been superseded by a
collection of tools that include the one I was maintaining (qastools
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54793). Therefore I would like to ask
for qasmixer to be removed since the standalone sources for qasmixer have been
removed from upstream.

Thanks!
Spyros
 
Old 03-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Massimiliano Torromeo
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Spyros Stathopoulos
<foucault.online@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone! The package I was maintaining "qasmixer"
> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48676) has been superseded by a
> collection of tools that include the one I was maintaining (qastools
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54793). Therefore I would like to ask
> for qasmixer to be removed since the standalone sources for qasmixer have been
> removed from upstream.
>
> Thanks!
> Spyros

qasmixer has been merged into qastools.

Thanks
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
speps
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

I maintain qastools and I do not totally agree to this merge.
Qasmixer can be built singularly from the qastools source
using the -DBUILD_LIST=qasmixer cmake flag (see attachment).

Also not always merging comments is a good idea, in this case
they make no sense and may be misunderstood referring to qastools.

If you agree, I'll re-upload the attached build script to the AUR
so a comments reversion can be operated (qastools -> qasmixer).

Next time it would be better wait for some other opinions when
the packages to be merged do not share the same maintainer.

Cheers

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:01:07 +0200
Massimiliano Torromeo <massimiliano.torromeo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Spyros Stathopoulos
> <foucault.online@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello everyone! The package I was maintaining "qasmixer"
> > (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48676) has been superseded by a
> > collection of tools that include the one I was maintaining (qastools
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54793). Therefore I would like to ask
> > for qasmixer to be removed since the standalone sources for qasmixer have been
> > removed from upstream.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Spyros
>
> qasmixer has been merged into qastools.
>
> Thanks
 
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Spyros Stathopoulos
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

Although I understand your disagreement regarding the comment merge I
can't see why two packages that provide pretty much the same
functionality should exist in AUR. It's not like qastools is a huge
multi-module package that would be better off if built separately. It's
basically three binaries and some pixmaps. In my opinion it makes more
sense to replace qasmixer with the complete package, since this is what
upstream seems to suggest. That's why I asked for the removal and I'm
sorry if this caused some kind of misunderstanding. I'm willing to
reupload qasmixer back up, but honestly I can't see the point for such
action.

Regards
Spyros

On Mon 26 Mar 2012 10:08:26 PM EEST, speps wrote:
> I maintain qastools and I do not totally agree to this merge.
> Qasmixer can be built singularly from the qastools source
> using the -DBUILD_LIST=qasmixer cmake flag (see attachment).
>
> Also not always merging comments is a good idea, in this case
> they make no sense and may be misunderstood referring to qastools.
>
> If you agree, I'll re-upload the attached build script to the AUR
> so a comments reversion can be operated (qastools -> qasmixer).
>
> Next time it would be better wait for some other opinions when
> the packages to be merged do not share the same maintainer.
>
> Cheers
>
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2012 12:01:07 +0200
> Massimiliano Torromeo <massimiliano.torromeo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM, Spyros Stathopoulos
>> <foucault.online@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello everyone! The package I was maintaining "qasmixer"
>>> (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=48676) has been superseded by a
>>> collection of tools that include the one I was maintaining (qastools
>>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54793). Therefore I would like to ask
>>> for qasmixer to be removed since the standalone sources for qasmixer have been
>>> removed from upstream.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Spyros
>>
>> qasmixer has been merged into qastools.
>>
>> Thanks
 
Old 03-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Massimiliano Torromeo
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM, speps <speps@gmx.com> wrote:
> Also not always merging comments is a good idea, in this case
> they make no sense and may be misunderstood referring to qastools.

I agree that those comments when merged may not make much sense (and
this is true in most cases when merging packages on aur) but it still
makes sense to merge votes since users expressed their desire to see
qasmixer in [community] and qastools is now the package providing that
software.

I don't have a strong opinion on this but since qasmixer is a small
software already provided by qastools and the previous maintainer did
not want to maintain it anymore, it seemed a good idea to clean it up
by merging.

If you want to reupload qasmixed go ahead.

Regards
 
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

On 26 March 2012 21:08, speps <speps@gmx.com> wrote:
> Also not always merging comments is a good idea, in this case
> they make no sense and may be misunderstood referring to qastools.

That's certainly true, but it is not possible to merge two packages
without merging comments now. Patches are welcome.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
speps
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:08:43 +0200
Lukáš Jirkovský <l.jirkovsky@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 26 March 2012 21:08, speps <speps@gmx.com> wrote:
> > Also not always merging comments is a good idea, in this case
> > they make no sense and may be misunderstood referring to qastools.
>
> That's certainly true, but it is not possible to merge two packages
> without merging comments now. Patches are welcome.

That's probably not true, and a patch is even not needed to achieve this.
Possible steps for merging votes from pkg1 to pkg2:

. Delete all pkg1 comments
. Merge pkg1 in pkg2

Step one needs some scripting while number of comments grows and there's
no a mass comment deletion function though.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 
Old 03-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Lukáš Jirkovský
 
Default Request package removal: qasmixer

On 27 March 2012 18:31, speps <speps@gmx.com> wrote:
> That's probably not true,

It is true.

> . Delete all pkg1 comments

No one is going to delete comments manually if there are lots of them
(actually I do delete comments in some cases when there is only a few
of them).

> Step one needs some scripting

It would be better to implement this feature in AUR rather than using
some custom scripts.

Lukas
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org