Old 03-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Jeff Cook

Default mysql-gui-tools unmaintained

mysql-gui-tools 5.0r14-5 has not been updated since Jun '11. It no
longer builds. A fix for the build failure has been in the comments
since December. The package has been marked out of date since Dec 1.
Can we get this package orphaned and adopted by someone else please?

Old 03-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:14:55 -0600
schrieb Jeff Cook <jeff@deserettechnology.com>:

> mysql-gui-tools 5.0r14-5 has not been updated since Jun '11. It no
> longer builds. A fix for the build failure has been in the comments
> since December. The package has been marked out of date since Dec 1.
> Can we get this package orphaned and adopted by someone else please?

I guess mysql-gui-tools can be completely removed. As far as I know
this has been renamed to MySQL Workbench by upstream. At least the URL
http://www.mysql.com/products/tools/ redirects to
https://www.mysql.com/products/workbench/.

The up-to-date AUR package is here:

And here are the mysql-gui-tools:

Heiko

Old 03-23-2012, 09:05 PM
rafael ff1

2012/3/23 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:

> I guess mysql-gui-tools can be completely removed. As far as I know
> this has been renamed to MySQL Workbench by upstream.

Correct. "It is the successor to DBDesigner 4 from fabFORCE.net, and
replaces the previous package of software, MySQL GUI Tools Bundle."
(MySQL Workbench wikipedia)

Old 03-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Jeff Cook

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Adam King <arking@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ask the current maintainer to disown it?

iirc there is a comment on there implying that the maintainer should
do so. I guess I thought since he hasn't taken the hint and hasn't
updated the package he's not around anymore. I can leave a specific
message on the package requesting this if you want.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM, rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/23 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
>>
>> I guess mysql-gui-tools can be completely removed. As far as I know
>> this has been renamed to MySQL Workbench by upstream.
>
> Correct. "It is the successor to DBDesigner 4 from fabFORCE.net, and
> replaces the previous package of software, MySQL GUI Tools Bundle."
> (MySQL Workbench wikipedia)

I was actually trying to build mysql-gui-tools because mysql-workbench
was not working for me (it would stick at "Fetching..."). So I think
there is still some value in keeping it around. The interfaces are
quite different too.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:12 AM
Ike Devolder

Op 24-03-12 03:01, Jeff Cook schreef:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Adam King <arking@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ask the current maintainer to disown it?
>
> iirc there is a comment on there implying that the maintainer should
> do so. I guess I thought since he hasn't taken the hint and hasn't
> updated the package he's not around anymore. I can leave a specific
> message on the package requesting this if you want.
>
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM, rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2012/3/23 Heiko Baums <lists@baums-on-web.de>:
>>>
>>> I guess mysql-gui-tools can be completely removed. As far as I know
>>> this has been renamed to MySQL Workbench by upstream.
>>
>> Correct. "It is the successor to DBDesigner 4 from fabFORCE.net, and
>> replaces the previous package of software, MySQL GUI Tools Bundle."
>> (MySQL Workbench wikipedia)
>
> I was actually trying to build mysql-gui-tools because mysql-workbench
> was not working for me (it would stick at "Fetching..."). So I think
> there is still some value in keeping it around. The interfaces are
> quite different too.

has the maintainer been contacted by mail ?

if not please do so and let us know what the answer was

thx

--
Ike