Old 08-02-2011, 01:01 AM
Dustin Kirkland

Default Stepping Down

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM, Adam Sommer <asommer@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am regrettably submitting my public resignation from active participation.
> *It's been a long time coming, and I've been*optimistically*holding on to
> the hope that I could find more time for Ubuntu activities. *I apologize for
> taking so long, and hope that I haven't jammed anyone up in any way. *The
> past few cycles I have had increasingly less time to devote to Ubuntu
> participation, and I've finally faced the fact that the situation won't
> change in the near future. *I still plan to use and follow Ubuntu
> development, possibly contributing small changes as time allows.
> I would like to thank all the great friends I have made during the last four
> years as part of the Ubuntu community. *It has a been a great time and very
> enriching part of my life. *It is impossible to put into words what the
> opportunities and relationships have meant to me. *It has been a truly great
> experience, and I hope to someday have the resources to actively participate
> in the community once again.
> In the mean time please don't hesitate to friend me up, follow, place in
> circles, etc. *I may be on pause, but I'm still out there :-).
> Thank you all once again!
>

> --
> Party On,
> Adam

Hi Adam,

Sorry to hear that, but I do want to thank you oh so much for your
awesome contributions to the Linux Server Guide and Documentation!
You really filled a niche there, something we've always needed in the
Ubuntu Server world!

Going to miss that sign off, too :-) "Party on, Wayne" :-)

See ya around,
--
:-Dustin

Dustin Kirkland
Ubuntu Core Developer

Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Thierry Carrez

Adam Sommer wrote:
> I am regrettably submitting my public resignation from active
> participation. [...]

Hey Adam,

Your technical writer skills, as well as your always joyful presence,
will definitely be missed ! I hope our paths cross again in the future,
and if you're nearby, don't be a stranger

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Ubuntu core developer

Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Etienne Goyer

Farewell, Adam! Your work on the Server Guide was much, much appreciated.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~

Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
Etienne Goyer

Old 08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
Ante Karamatic

I am regrettably submitting my public resignation from active
participation. It's been a long time coming, and I've
been optimistically holding on to the hope that I could find more time
for Ubuntu activities. I apologize for taking so long, and hope that I
haven't jammed anyone up in any way. The past few cycles I have had
increasingly less time to devote to Ubuntu participation, and I've
finally faced the fact that the situation won't change in the near
future. I still plan to use and follow Ubuntu development, possibly
contributing small changes as time allows.

Being part of the community for so long includes making friends from
people from all over the world. That's something you can't get away from.

In the mean time please don't hesitate to friend me up, follow, place in
circles, etc. I may be on pause, but I'm still out there :-).

As any other friend!

Party on!

Old 08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Neal McBurnett

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 04:24:16PM +0200, Ante Karamatic wrote:
> On 01.08.2011 23:56, Adam Sommer wrote:
>
> >I am regrettably submitting my public resignation from active
> >participation. It's been a long time coming, and I've
> >been optimistically holding on to the hope that I could find more time
> >for Ubuntu activities. I apologize for taking so long, and hope that I
> >haven't jammed anyone up in any way. The past few cycles I have had
> >increasingly less time to devote to Ubuntu participation, and I've
> >finally faced the fact that the situation won't change in the near
> >future. I still plan to use and follow Ubuntu development, possibly
> >contributing small changes as time allows.
>
> Being part of the community for so long includes making friends from
> people from all over the world. That's something you can't get away from.

It also means that you've been contributing for a long time - yet more
reason to thank you!!

And thanks for being clear and letting us know. Its fun to have an
appreciation-fest!

Neal McBurnett http://neal.mcburnett.org/