Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 AM
Pierre Schmitz

Default darcs moved into aur

Hi all,

just to let you know: darcs has been moved from [community] to aur as
it can no longer be built with the haskell packages in [extra]. It was
also one of the last unsigned packages in the repo. Of course any TU may
re-add it once these issues are fixed.

See https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57820

Greetings,

Pierre

--
Pierre Schmitz, http://pierre-schmitz.com

Old 03-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Bernardo Barros

On 03/21/2012 03:55 AM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just to let you know: darcs has been moved from [community] to aur as
> it can no longer be built with the haskell packages in [extra]. It was
> also one of the last unsigned packages in the repo. Of course any TU may
> re-add it once these issues are fixed.
>
> See https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57820

Just for general info: `darcs-beta` is provided by the [haskell] repo
(archhaskell project).

http://xsounds.org/~haskell/

It is pretty stable as far as I can tell. `darcs` is not compatible with
the new ghc yet. `darcs-beta` have (or had, not sure) problems with UFT8
characters in filenames.

--
Bernardo Barros

Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Magnus Therning

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 19:34, Bernardo Barros <newsgroups@bbarros.com> wrote:
> On 03/21/2012 03:55 AM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> just to let you know: darcs has been moved from [community] to aur as
>> it can no longer be built with the haskell packages in [extra]. It was
>> also one of the last unsigned packages in the repo. Of course any TU may
>> re-add it once these issues are fixed.
>>
>> See https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57820
>
> Just for general info: `darcs-beta` is provided by the [haskell] repo
> (archhaskell project).
>
> *http://xsounds.org/~haskell/

That's not quite true, darcs-beta was in a temporary repo during the
transition to GHC 7.4. It is no longer there. If someone wants it
please raise a bug at https://github.com/archhaskell/habs.

/M

--
Magnus Therning * * * * * * * * * * *OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus@therning.org * jabber: magnus@therning.org

Old 03-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Bernardo Barros

On 03/22/2012 02:40 AM, Magnus Therning wrote:
> That's not quite true, darcs-beta was in a temporary repo during the
> transition to GHC 7.4. It is no longer there. If someone wants it
> please raise a bug at https://github.com/archhaskell/habs.

Sorry, Magnus, I didn't check it again recently. During the transition I
was using `darcs-beta` from cabal.

--
Bernardo Barros