Old 03-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Adam Nielsen

Default Request for Oracle package merges

Hi all,

This morning with the cooperation of the previous maintainer, I have
adopted the out of date Oracle Instant Client packages on AUR.

I would like to change the package names however, as I believe
"instantclient" is not descriptive enough. I would like to change this
to "oracle-instantclient".

I have gone ahead and uploaded new/updated packages to the AUR with
these new names, so I would like to request the old packages be merged
into the new ones.

Would someone please be able to assist me with this merge? The new
packages all start with "oracle-". Here is a list of all the old ones:

instantclient-basic
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57813

instantclient-jdbc
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57817

instantclient-odbc
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57816

instantclient-sdk
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57814

instantclient-sqlplus
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57815

I would also like to request the instantclient-basiclite package be
deleted, as it is identical to instantclient-basic but only contains
messages in English (the translations have been removed), so I don't
think it is necessary to maintain separately:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16706 Anyone currently using
the basiclite package can switch to oracle-instantclient-basic with no
loss in functionality.

I have included some shell code in the new PKGBUILDs to help alert
people to the fact that the package data files need to be downloaded
separately (directly from Oracle) as they cannot be downloaded
automatically. I would appreciate any feedback on whether the way I
have done this is acceptable. It doesn't seem to have caused any issues
with AUR.

Please let me know if you need any additional information or if there is
something I have missed.

Many thanks,
Adam.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:37 AM
Adam Nielsen

Hi again,

Did I do something wrong? Did I scare everyone away with the mention of shell
code???

Don't worry about that if it will be an issue, all I'm really after is merging
of the AUR packages:

instantclient-basic
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57813

instantclient-jdbc
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57817

instantclient-odbc
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57816

instantclient-sdk
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57814

instantclient-sqlplus
New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57815

Would anyone be able to merge them? I'm listed as the maintainer for all of
them, old and new.

Many thanks,
Adam.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Ike Devolder

Op 24-03-12 04:37, Adam Nielsen schreef:
> Hi again,
>
> Did I do something wrong? Did I scare everyone away with the mention of
> shell code???
>
> Don't worry about that if it will be an issue, all I'm really after is
> merging of the AUR packages:
>
>> instantclient-basic
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16676
>> New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57813
>>
>> instantclient-jdbc
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16726
>> New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57817
>>
>> instantclient-odbc
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=19875
>> New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57816
>>
>> instantclient-sdk
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16725
>> New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57814
>>
>> instantclient-sqlplus
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16724
>> New version: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57815
>
> Would anyone be able to merge them? I'm listed as the maintainer for
> all of them, old and new.
>
> Many thanks,
> Adam.

all merged,

few notes:
- next time if you do a delete/merge request use your aur email or
update your email in aur.
- add provides for the old packages in the new packages

thx

--
Ike

Old 03-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Adam Nielsen

Would anyone be able to merge them? I'm listed as the maintainer for
all of them, old and new.

all merged,

few notes:
- next time if you do a delete/merge request use your aur email or
update your email in aur.
- add provides for the old packages in the new packages

Many thanks! I have added 'replaces' in the new packages instead,
hopefully this is ok too.

Would it be possible to have instantclient-basiclite[1] deleted as well?
This is now provided by oracle-instantclient-basic[2].

Thanks again,
Adam.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:52 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský

On 26 March 2012 04:24, Adam Nielsen <malvineous@shikadi.net> wrote:

> Would it be possible to have instantclient-basiclite[1] deleted as well?
> *This is now provided by oracle-instantclient-basic[2].
>
> Thanks again,
> Adam.

Sure it would be possible. It's done.

Lukas

Old 03-26-2012, 06:14 AM
Adam Nielsen

Would it be possible to have instantclient-basiclite[1] deleted as well?
This is now provided by oracle-instantclient-basic[2].

Sure it would be possible. It's done.

Fantastic, many thanks!

Cheers,
Adam.