Old 03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Xavier Ho

Default xorg-server and nvidia-utils-bumblebee are in conflict (nvidia-utils<=290.10)

Hello all,

With the recent repo update for libgl, I wasn't able to perform a full
system upgrade (pacman -Syu) without uninstalling nvidia-utils-bumblebee.

resolving dependencies...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: udev will be installed before its util-linux dependency
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: xorg-server and nvidia-utils-bumblebee are in conflict (nvidia-utils).
Remove nvidia-utils-bumblebee? [y/N]
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: xorg-server and nvidia-utils-bumblebee are in conflict
(nvidia-utils<=290.10)

I'm using a Acer 1215N EeePC, which requires the bumblebee project to
utilise my discrete graphics hardware.

The comments on nvidia-utils-bumblebee suggests that this was a problem
before, but I've only encountered it now with the updates last week:

Comment by: der_fenix on Sun, 12 Feb 2012 17:34:15 +0000
> New xorg-server in testing availible. Got conflict
> nvidia-utils-bumblebee and xorg-server conflicts (nvidia-utils=290.10)
> Need fix

> Comment by: Svenstaro on Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:26:31 +0000
> Just rebuild the package manually.
> First Submitted: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 04:55:37 +0000

How could I go around or fix this problem?

Cheers,
Xav