Old 03-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Stefan Mark

Default Removal request: google-chrome-mini

On 25.03.2012 01:32, Det wrote:
> On 24 March 2012 13:41, Det <nimetonmaili at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Det, I've removed the google-chrome-mini.
>>
>> Lukas
>
> The maintainer doesn't seem to get the message. He re-uploaded it as
> "google-chrome-no-gconf", even though I already explained the user can
> just install "no-gconf" beforehand:
>
> Det

Installing no-gconf will just replace gconf with nothing (doesnt that
break every normal package that needs gconf?). People might want to have
gconf, but also a chrome which does not use gconf (actually, i have an
emacs package that does the same thing).

Old 03-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Det

Thanks Det, I've removed the google-chrome-mini.

Lukas

The maintainer doesn't seem to get the message. He re-uploaded it as
"google-chrome-no-gconf", even though I already explained the user can
just install "no-gconf" beforehand:

Det

Installing no-gconf will just replace gconf with nothing (doesnt that
break every normal package that needs gconf?). People might want to have
gconf, but also a chrome which does not use gconf (actually, i have an
emacs package that does the same thing).

Yeah it does:

└┌(%:~/Desktop/nvidia-beta-all)┌- ldd /opt/google/chrome/chrome | grep gconf
libgconf-2.so.4 => /usr/lib/libgconf-2.so.4 (0x00007fcbbbd45000)

But true, some applications do break when they can't use gconf:

└┌(%:~/Desktop/nvidia-beta-all)┌- gucharmap
gucharmap: symbol lookup error: gucharmap: undefined symbol:
gconf_client_get_default

Det