Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Daniel Wallace

Default Removal request: google-chrome-mini

not sure if this is the same guy, but
I just saw this pop up in the new packages

Old 03-26-2012, 12:49 AM
rafael ff1

2012/3/25 Daniel Wallace <daniel.wallace@gatech.edu>:
> not sure if this is the same guy, but
> I just saw this pop up in the new packages
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:32:56AM +0200, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
>> On 25 March 2012 01:32, Det <nimetonmaili@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > The maintainer doesn't seem to get the message. He re-uploaded it as
>> > "google-chrome-no-gconf", even though I already explained the user can just
>> > install "no-gconf" beforehand:
>> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57899
>> >
>> > * * * * * *Det
>>
>> It seems someone already removed it. Thanks for the notice.
>>
>> LUkas

Yes, it is the very same guy. Now, this is getting funny.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On 26/03/12 03:49, rafael ff1 wrote:
> 2012/3/25 Daniel Wallace <daniel.wallace@gatech.edu>:
>> not sure if this is the same guy, but
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57961
>> I just saw this pop up in the new packages

>>> It seems someone already removed it. Thanks for the notice.
>>>
>>> LUkas
>
> Yes, it is the very same guy. Now, this is getting funny.

Deleted again.

@tailinchu: For the reason mentioned by Det above, please do not
re-upload this package.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:51 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Evangelos Foutras
<evangelos@foutrelis.com> wrote:
> @tailinchu: For the reason mentioned by Det above, please do not
> re-upload this package.

tailinchu, I'm going to quote your email to me below. However, if you
would register on the list you would be able to reply directly to the
list. (That would make things easier to follow.)

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:02> AM, Tai-Lin Chu <tailinchu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i dont understand why he is really obsessed about this.
>> he could simply ignore this package if he chooses to. he could have his own
>> reason, but i have mine too.

We try to keep the AUR from becoming too confusing. One way this can
be done is by discouraging the creation of very similar packages
and/or removing obsolete packages.

Det is suggesting that you can have a gconf-free system by installing
the no-gconf package (also maintained by you). Therefore, *-no-gconf
packages are redundant.

Saying that you have a reason to upload this package without being
more specific isn't enough, considering the package has been deleted 3
times already.

(Please try to respond to the list, so I don't act as a messenger. )

Old 03-26-2012, 03:36 AM
Daniel Wallace

and it's back https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57963

Old 03-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Allan McRae

On 26/03/12 13:36, Daniel Wallace wrote:
> and it's back https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57963

And anyone who downloads source files using wget within the build()
function needs to be taken out the back and shot...

Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 AM
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

On 03/26/2012 05:36 AM, Daniel Wallace wrote:
> and it's back https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57963

Removed again, but he'll reupload it again and again. Ban?

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
Arch Linux Trusted User

Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 AM
Taylor Lookabaugh

Have you tried emailing him personally?

Sent from my Samsung Stratosphere SCH-I405 Verizon 4G LTE.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Taylor Lookabaugh
<jesus.christ.i.love@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you tried emailing him personally?

Obviously, from the reply seen earlier in the thread.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Daniel Wallace

this is the email I just got