Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM
"arcpp.zju@gmail.com"

Default Orphan Request

To prove this is easy.
Project owner, which can be observed from google code project page, is
me, same email address.

Old 03-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Ionut Biru

On 03/03/2010 03:52 PM, arcpp.zju@gmail.com wrote:

To prove this is easy.
Project owner, which can be observed from google code project page, is
me, same email address.

did you ever contacted the current maintainer by email?

--
Ionut

Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 PM
"arcpp.zju@gmail.com"

I sent him a email on Feb 28, no response till now.
As previous messages mentioned, it may be just not long enough.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Ray Rashif

On 03/03/2010, Hilton Medeiros <medeiros.hilton@gmail.com> wrote:
> I disagree. I believe the developer should have priority and be given
> the ownership as soon as possible. You don't have to wait the
> maintainer kiss good bye e hug the build. It is just a build script.

I concur, but it's rude for us to just barge in like that. It's a
simple matter between the developer and the buildscript maintainer, so
it's best left up to them to contact each other, and then if the
maintainer tries anything funny (or does not try anything at all) we
disown it.

A 7-day or next-weekend grace period is good for things like this (for
the maintainer to respond to the orphan request). I had once orphaned
a package for a developer who didn't even claim it (synfig*), but it
took me a while before I read and replied to the e-mail outlining a
build-related matter.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Hilton Medeiros

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:13:23 +0800
Ray Rashif <schivmeister@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/03/2010, Hilton Medeiros <medeiros.hilton@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I disagree. I believe the developer should have priority and be
> > given the ownership as soon as possible. You don't have to wait the
> > maintainer kiss good bye e hug the build. It is just a build script.
>
> I concur, but it's rude for us to just barge in like that. It's a
> simple matter between the developer and the buildscript maintainer, so
> it's best left up to them to contact each other, and then if the
> maintainer tries anything funny (or does not try anything at all) we
> disown it.
>
> A 7-day or next-weekend grace period is good for things like this (for
> the maintainer to respond to the orphan request). I had once orphaned
> a package for a developer who didn't even claim it (synfig*), but it
> took me a while before I read and replied to the e-mail outlining a
> build-related matter.
>

> --
> GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD

I understand, just thought the process was a little too much
bureaucratic for the developer. I maintain some packages and I would
not feel violated by the TUs over something like this but maybe that is
just me.

I don't think it would be rudeness but maybe I'm really kinda rude, so
my words don't count for much.

Cheers

Old 03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
"arcpp.zju@gmail.com"