Old 12-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Kaiting Chen

Default orphan request

> fim - Highly customizable and scriptable framebuffer image viewer based
> on fbi. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15407
>
> It seems to be out-of-date since 2009 and the PKGBUILD is lacking to say
> the least. I can't promise to fix/maintain it, but the current
> maintainer doesn't seem to maintain it. There are comments from March
> that seem to have gone unnoticed.

Have you mailed the maintainer? As a general policy we wait a week before
orphaning after you have contacted the maintainer expressing your desire to
adopt to package. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Peter Lewis

On Thursday 02 December 2010 12:07:59 Kaiting Chen wrote:
> As a general policy we wait a week before
> orphaning after you have contacted the maintainer expressing your desire to
> adopt to package.

At least two weeks would be my minimum. It's perfectly possible that someone
is just on holiday / vacation. It wouldn't be nice to come back and find all
your lovingly crafted PKGBUILDs taken off your hands!

Pete.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Ray Rashif

On 2 December 2010 20:48, Peter Lewis <plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> On Thursday 02 December 2010 12:07:59 Kaiting Chen wrote:
>> As a general policy we wait a week before
>> orphaning after you have contacted the maintainer expressing your desire to
>> adopt to package.
>
> At least two weeks would be my minimum. It's perfectly possible that someone
> is just on holiday / vacation. It wouldn't be nice to come back and find all
> your lovingly crafted PKGBUILDs taken off your hands!

No need. A week is sufficient for packages that have been marked
out-of-date for so long.

The maintainer is a TU so I've CC'ed him. He can orphan it for you if
he doesn't foresee himself maintaining it.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM
Peter Lewis

On Thursday 02 December 2010 12:56:37 Ray Rashif wrote:
> On 2 December 2010 20:48, Peter Lewis <plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 December 2010 12:07:59 Kaiting Chen wrote:
> >> As a general policy we wait a week before
> >> orphaning after you have contacted the maintainer expressing your desire
> >> to adopt to package.
> >
> > At least two weeks would be my minimum. It's perfectly possible that
> > someone is just on holiday / vacation. It wouldn't be nice to come back
> > and find all your lovingly crafted PKGBUILDs taken off your hands!
>
> No need. A week is sufficient for packages that have been marked
> out-of-date for so long.

Yeah agreed. I just think that as a general rule we need to allow for more
than a week from the first notification. But as you say, if the package has
long been marked out-of-date, then that's obviously what the whole flagging
system is for! :-)

Pete.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Philipp ‹berbacher

Excerpts from Ray Rashif's message of 2010-12-02 13:56:37 +0100:
> On 2 December 2010 20:48, Peter Lewis <plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:
> > On Thursday 02 December 2010 12:07:59 Kaiting Chen wrote:
> >> As a general policy we wait a week before
> >> orphaning after you have contacted the maintainer expressing your desire to
> >> adopt to package.
> >
> > At least two weeks would be my minimum. It's perfectly possible that someone
> > is just on holiday / vacation. It wouldn't be nice to come back and find all
> > your lovingly crafted PKGBUILDs taken off your hands!
>
> No need. A week is sufficient for packages that have been marked
> out-of-date for so long.
>
> The maintainer is a TU so I've CC'ed him. He can orphan it for you if
> he doesn't foresee himself maintaining it.

Tbh. I don't know for how long it has been flagged, but I assume it's
been a while because the last release was in 2009. However, I just now
see that it's a prerelease, dated 21/05/2009

Anyway, there are comments about problems with the PKGBUILD from 30 Mar
2010 and apparently no response at all. The PKGBUILD, from the looks of
it, hasn't been touched since 2008 and has a couple of apparent issues.

Thanks for CC'ing, I didn't suspect him being a TU.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
jesse jaara

Following packages have been out-of-date for a some time now
suomi-malaga
libvoikko
enchant-voikko
mozvoikko
openoffice.org-voikko

I have posted a up-to-date PKGBUILDs
for some of them too and maled the maintainer
a week ago but didn't get a reply.

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Evangelos Foutras

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 11:05 AM, jesse jaara <jesse.jaara@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following packages have been out-of-date for a some time now
> suomi-malaga
> libvoikko
> enchant-voikko
> mozvoikko
> openoffice.org-voikko

> I have posted a up-to-date PKGBUILDs
> for some of them too and maled the maintainer
> a week ago but didn't get a reply.

I orphaned all of them. Go ahead and adopt them.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Bartek Piotrowski

Following packages have been out-of-date for a some time now. Maintainers
hasn't replied comments and emails in more than week.

flush (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25114)
bleachbit (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22499)
gpick (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24975)
muttng (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10892)
wklej (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7811) - Maintainer answered,
that he forgot password and request to orphan his packages and account, if
you can.

-- Bartek "Barthalion" Piotrowski

Old 12-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Bartek Piotrowski
<barthalion@gmail.com> wrote:
> Following packages have been out-of-date for a some time now. Maintainers
> hasn't replied comments and emails in more than week.
>
> flush (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25114)
> bleachbit (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22499)

Orphaned both.

> gpick (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=24975)

Its maintainer updated another package, wdiff [1], two days ago. I'm
Cc'ing him here and if nothing happens in a week, I'll orphan it.

> muttng (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=10892)

This package is maintained by an active TU, but I'll follow the same
procedure as the gpick package above and check it again in a week.

> wklej (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=7811) - Maintainer answered,
> that he forgot password and request to orphan his packages and account, if
> you can.

I disowned both of that person's packages.

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 PM
speps

Hi, i've sent an e-mail to osc (farid) on 10/12/05 (two weeks ago)
and i've got no response (also on identi.ca), maybe he's too busy.

Please orphan:
vmpk ==> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=20321
supercollider ==> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=14863
minicomputer ==> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15304