Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
"Stefan Husmann"

Default Inactive user tdy

Am 31.03.2012 16:33, schrieb Sven-Hendrik Haase:

On 03/31/2012 02:47 PM, Alexander Rødseth wrote:

No worries.

If he's inactive, nothing has happened with any of his packages for a
while, he has several outdated packages and does not reply to e-mails,
I think we should consider the user as inactive and orphan all the
packages.

Any other opinions on this?

I concur.

I also concur. Anything new about this?

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Alexander Rødseth

How about orphaning all his outdated packages right now, but wait just
a tiny bit longer with the ones that aren't flagged?
What if he's travelling the world for a year?

--
Cordially,
*Alexander Rødseth

Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Christoph Vigano

On 04/11/2012 12:10 AM, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
> How about orphaning all his outdated packages right now, but wait just
> a tiny bit longer with the ones that aren't flagged?
> What if he's travelling the world for a year?

Shouldn't he have announced that? I mean, that's a prolonged inactivity
for sure. But your approach seems reasonable.

Christoph

Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM
SanskritFritz

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Christoph Vigano <mail@cvigano.de> wrote:

> On 04/11/2012 12:10 AM, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
> > What if he's travelling the world for a year?
>
> Shouldn't he have announced that? I mean, that's a prolonged inactivity
> for sure.

AUR package maintainers should announce their absence? Where and how?

Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 AM
Christoph Vigano

On 04/11/2012 09:40 AM, SanskritFritz wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Christoph Vigano <mail@cvigano.de> wrote:
>
>> On 04/11/2012 12:10 AM, Alexander Rødseth wrote:
>>> What if he's travelling the world for a year?
>>
>> Shouldn't he have announced that? I mean, that's a prolonged inactivity
>> for sure.
>>

> AUR package maintainers should announce their absence? Where and how?

Oh sorry, I confused that with the rules for a TU. m(
But this would have been nice nonetheless; maybe a message in the
comments of his packages or a mail to aur-general. Does not hurt anybody.

Christoph

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 AM
SanskritFritz

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Christoph Vigano <mail@cvigano.de> wrote:

> On 04/11/2012 09:40 AM, SanskritFritz wrote:
> > AUR package maintainers should announce their absence? Where and how?
>
> Oh sorry, I confused that with the rules for a TU. m(
> But this would have been nice nonetheless; maybe a message in the
> comments of his packages or a mail to aur-general. Does not hurt anybody.

Totally agree. Maybe we could put a note here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Maintaining_packages

Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Alexander Rødseth

Ok, disowned all his flagged packages.
If there are broken packages that aren't flagged, I'm ready to disown
those as well.

If a TU feels like disowning all the packages, just do it.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Alexander Rødseth

Disowned all flagged AUR packages older than 04 Oct 2007 while I was
at it (there are plenty more that can be disowned).

- Alexander

Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Alexander Rødseth

Make that 20 Feb 2012.