Old 02-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Florian Pritz

Default Up for adoption: cairo-compmgr, gadmin-samba

Hi,

I'll drop those to the AUR unless someone adopts them in the next few days:

- gadmin-samba: upstream website and ftp server are down

- cairo-compmgr: upstream is pretty dead (hardly any commits in git nor
recent releases) and it doesn't build right now because -ldl is missing
from $(LIBS).

--
Florian Pritz

Old 02-17-2012, 10:59 PM
Cédric Girard

Le 17 févr. 2012 20:51, "Florian Pritz" a écrit :

> - cairo-compmgr: upstream is pretty dead (hardly any commits in git nor
> recent releases) and it doesn't build right now because -ldl is missing
> from $(LIBS).

If dropped to AUR, I may adopt it. I maintain the git version and it is
quite straightforward to maintain. The missing libdl linking can be fixed
easily as well.

--
Cédric Girard

Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Florian Pritz

Dropped both to AUR.

On 18.02.2012 00:59, Cédric Girard wrote:
> Le 17 févr. 2012 20:51, "Florian Pritz" a écrit :
>

>> - cairo-compmgr: upstream is pretty dead (hardly any commits in git nor
>> recent releases) and it doesn't build right now because -ldl is missing
>> from $(LIBS).
>>

> If dropped to AUR, I may adopt it. I maintain the git version and it is
> quite straightforward to maintain. The missing libdl linking can be fixed
> easily as well.

If cairo-compmgr ever releases another working version, please use that
instead of pulling git checkouts (I just did that because it stopped
building and upstream applied a lot of patches to fix that)

--
Florian Pritz

Old 02-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Cédric Girard

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Florian Pritz wrote:

> On 18.02.2012 00:59, Cédric Girard wrote:
> > Le 17 févr. 2012 20:51, "Florian Pritz" a écrit :
> >

> >> - cairo-compmgr: upstream is pretty dead (hardly any commits in git nor
> >> recent releases) and it doesn't build right now because -ldl is missing
> >> from $(LIBS).
> >>

> > If dropped to AUR, I may adopt it. I maintain the git version and it is
> > quite straightforward to maintain. The missing libdl linking can be fixed
> > easily as well.
> >

> If cairo-compmgr ever releases another working version, please use that
> instead of pulling git checkouts (I just did that because it stopped
> building and upstream applied a lot of patches to fix that)

Yes, of course.
The recent license switch from GPL to LGPL of this software is not a very
good sign for the future of it. I have tried to ping the devs to know more.

--
Cédric Girard

Old 03-19-2012, 01:16 AM
kbaegis

> If dropped to AUR, I may adopt it. I maintain the git version and it is
> quite straightforward to maintain. The missing libdl linking can be fixed
> easily as well.

Does anyone have updates as to the status of cairo-compmgr? Could anyone
unicast me patches necessary for a functional build?

Old 03-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Cédric Girard

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:16 AM, kbaegis <kbaegis@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If dropped to AUR, I may adopt it. I maintain the git version and it is
> > quite straightforward to maintain. The missing libdl linking can be fixed
> > easily as well.
>

> Does anyone have updates as to the status of cairo-compmgr? Could anyone
> unicast me patches necessary for a functional build?

The AUR version [1] is working AFAICT. Please add a commentary there if
you're experiencing a different behavior.

Cédric Girard