Old 11-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Xyne

Default Please remove my AUR account

Moritz Wilhelmy wrote:
Dave Reisner wrote:
> the off topic train goes choo choo crash boom

Back on topic, I agree with Pierre (as I usually do in issues regarding privacy
and security).

AUR accounts should be deletable. Names can be reserved for a fixed
period (from 3 months to 1 year) to prevent confusion.

So yeah, someone who wants this now should write a patch. Here's a possible
plan:

1) Create a "disabled" table in the database (account ID, timestamp).
2) Add a disable button to the account page that inserts the user in the
"disabled" table and removes him from the user table.
3) Have the account creation function check the "disabled" table when it checks
for name availability.
4) Add something to purge records from "disabled" when the interval is up. Add
it to the other housekeeping functions.

Bonus functionality:
*) provide interface to view and manage "disabled" table

Just some ideas.

Regards,
Xyne

Old 12-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Peter Lewis

On Wednesday 30 Nov 2011 22:14:21 Xyne wrote:
> Dave Reisner wrote:
> > the off topic train goes choo choo crash boom

> Back on topic, I agree with Pierre (as I usually do in issues regarding
> privacy and security).
>
> AUR accounts should be deletable. Names can be reserved for a fixed
> period (from 3 months to 1 year) to prevent confusion.

I agree. It seems that the AUR isn't hosted in Europe, but this seems like a
good idea and might be relevant nonetheless:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/8388033/Online-right-to-be-
forgotten-confirmed-by-EU.html

Pete.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Tomasz Niedzielski

Due to a cheeky comment (in my opinion) under one of my packages, I
decided to resign from creating and developping any packages for
public use.

The best would be if you could completely remove my account and all
packages created by me - those of them, which I adopted, will be
orphaned (after removing my data from PKGBUILDS).

Thank you.

Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Xyne

Tomasz Niedzielski wrote:

>Due to a cheeky comment (in my opinion) under one of my packages, I
>decided to resign from creating and developping any packages for
>public use.
>
>The best would be if you could completely remove my account and all
>packages created by me - those of them, which I adopted, will be
>orphaned (after removing my data from PKGBUILDS).
>
>Thank you.

I have suspended your account for now. I am not able to remove it.

Which comment are you referring to? If it was inappropriate then it should be
dealt with by a TU. I suspect that it may be oen of the comments in Polish on
the xbmc-addon-polish-media page [1], but I cannot read it.

I think it's a shame that you are dropping support for your packages due to a
single comment from a single user, but that is your choice. However, the
statement "after removing my data from PKGBUILDS" could be taken to mean that
you intend to vandalize the PKGBUILDs. I do not think you should do that. Of
course, if you just want to remove your name and email, that's fine.

Regards,
Xyne

Old 09-16-2012, 11:26 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Xyne <xyne@archlinux.ca> wrote:
> Which comment are you referring to? If it was inappropriate then it should be
> dealt with by a TU. I suspect that it may be oen of the comments in Polish on
> the xbmc-addon-polish-media page [1], but I cannot read it.

'Najgorsza paczka kiedykolwiek :]' means 'the worst package ever'.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
David McIlwraith

Dear Karol,

Please do not be deterred by a negative, gratuitously-made comment;
all contributors to the AUR are valued members of the community due to
the time and effort put into packages. I hope you have a TU delete it
and continue maintaining your packages as per normal.

Kind regards,
- David McIlwraith <archaios@archaios.net>
CAcert, Inc. association member and assurer

Old 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM
David McIlwraith

Sorry -- Tomasz! I misread the original author.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Xyne

Karol Blazewicz wrote:

>'Najgorsza paczka kiedykolwiek :]' means 'the worst package ever'.

While inappropriate, it is not a very harsh comment (e.g. no vulgarity, no
personal attacks).

Incidentally, the PKGBUILD in question installs files in the user's home
directory, which is against our packaging policy. It may violate a few other
points too.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:52 PM
Tomasz Niedzielski

@David McIlwraith

Thanks for your replay.

Anyway, I'm quitting and this is the end.
There is no question that I feel bad, because swiftgeek said what he
said... I know, this package isn't even a bit good. The question is
the way he did that...

Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

On 09/17/2012 12:17 AM, Tomasz Niedzielski wrote:
> Due to a cheeky comment (in my opinion) under one of my packages, I
> decided to resign from creating and developping any packages for
> public use.
>
> The best would be if you could completely remove my account and all
> packages created by me - those of them, which I adopted, will be
> orphaned (after removing my data from PKGBUILDS).
>
> Thank you.

To be honest, you shouldn't care about swiftgeek. He's known troll in
polish community.

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
Arch Linux Trusted User