Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Oon-Ee Ng

Default Package merge request: kernel26/linux-ice and kernel26/linux-rt-ice

Hi, please remove kernel26-ice [1] and merge comments/votes with linux-ice [2].

Also, I would prefer that kernel26-rt-ice [3] be removed and
comments/votes merged with linux-rt-ice [4]. The slight problem with
that is that nvidia proprietary driver users will not be able to use
linux-rt-ice, since the latest editions of the -rt patchset export
several symbols as GPL which disallow compilation of the nvidia
driver. Re-exporting (or modifying the nvidia license) with a patch is
simple but not permitted under the terms of the GPL (as I understand
it). In any case, this will not be resolved by the passage of time, so
users will just have to use nouveau or patch themselves.

[1] - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15224
[2] - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51077
[3] - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31893
[4] - http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51166