Old 08-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Kevin Vesga

Default Delete firefox-firebug

Please remove firefox-firebug[1] as it a duplicate of
firefox-extension-firebug-stable[2]
and its out-dated.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
Thomas S Hatch

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Kevin Vesga <31337h4ck3r@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please remove firefox-firebug[1] as it a duplicate of
> firefox-extension-firebug-stable[2]
> and its out-dated.

Deleted!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:54 PM
speps

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:25:29 -0600
Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Kevin Vesga <31337h4ck3r@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Please remove firefox-firebug[1] as it a duplicate of
> > firefox-extension-firebug-stable[2]
> > and its out-dated.
> >
> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50889
> > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=44809
> >

> Deleted!

Hi, i was the firefox-firebug AUR maintainer.

I uploaded this time ago, cause I though firefox-firebug was a better
naming, since noscript and adblock-plus extensions in [community] are
firefox-noscript and firefox-adblock-plus respectively.

firefox-extension-firebug-stable makes no sense to me, since there is no
firefox-extension-firebug or any package that would provide a more updated
release of the firebug extension.

My idea was to replace firefox-extension-firebug-stable with a simpler
firefox-firebug.

Btw, firefox-firebug was flagged as outdated just about 30 minutes ago, so
I actively maintained it.

If you agree with this, a firefox-firebug could be re-uploaded, replacing
the actual firefox-extension-firebug-stable.
Otherwise, never mind

cheers

- speps -

Old 08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Florian Pritz

On 16.08.2011 21:54, speps wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:25:29 -0600
> Thomas S Hatch <thatch45@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Kevin Vesga <31337h4ck3r@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Please remove firefox-firebug[1] as it a duplicate of
>> > firefox-extension-firebug-stable[2]
>> > and its out-dated.
>> >
>> > [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=50889
>> > [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=44809
>> >

>> Deleted!
>
> I uploaded this time ago, cause I though firefox-firebug was a better
> naming, since noscript and adblock-plus extensions in [community] are
> firefox-noscript and firefox-adblock-plus respectively.

You should have requested a remove back then.

> My idea was to replace firefox-extension-firebug-stable with a simpler
> firefox-firebug.

+1 here. If there are multiple versions they should be named like
firefox-firebug-beta IMHO.

> If you agree with this, a firefox-firebug could be re-uploaded, replacing
> the actual firefox-extension-firebug-stable.

I'd say go with it, but we should probably wait for at least one more
opinion on the matter.

--
Florian Pritz

Old 08-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Peter Lewis

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Florian Pritz wrote:
> > If you agree with this, a firefox-firebug could be re-uploaded, replacing
> > the actual firefox-extension-firebug-stable.
>
> I'd say go with it, but we should probably wait for at least one more
> opinion on the matter.

Sounds good to me; I'm all for naming consistency.

Pete.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:43 PM
speps

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:12:27 +0200
Florian Pritz <bluewind@xinu.at> wrote:

> > I uploaded this time ago, cause I though firefox-firebug was a better
> > naming, since noscript and adblock-plus extensions in [community] are
> > firefox-noscript and firefox-adblock-plus respectively.
>
> You should have requested a remove back then.

You're right, I totally forgot to send a request.

- speps -

Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 PM
speps

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:37:58 +0100
Peter Lewis <plewis@aur.archlinux.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Florian Pritz wrote:
> > > If you agree with this, a firefox-firebug could be re-uploaded, replacing
> > > the actual firefox-extension-firebug-stable.
> >
> > I'd say go with it, but we should probably wait for at least one more
> > opinion on the matter.
>
> Sounds good to me; I'm all for naming consistency.
>
> Pete.

Nice, the updated build script is ready to be uploaded.
Btw, I prefer to wait at least for Thomas opinion before proceeding.

- speps -