Old 08-14-2011, 09:20 AM
gadget3000

Default Dare I say it: AUR Cleanup Day

Hi aur-general,
With bug squashing day just around the corner and the recent mass orphaning
of a lot of out of date packages, it seems like as good a time as any to
start the discussion of the possibility of an AUR Cleanup Day 2011. It was
around September last year I believe?
Thoughts?

Regards,
Gadget3000

Old 08-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 4:20 AM, gadget3000 <gadget3000@msn.com> wrote:
> Hi aur-general,
> With bug squashing day just around the corner and the recent mass orphaning
> of a lot of out of date packages, it seems like as good a time as any to
> start the discussion of the possibility of an AUR Cleanup Day 2011. It was
> around September last year I believe?
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Gadget3000

I would be for it.
The last time I proposed an aur cleanup day, people argued that the
constant stream of people reporting packages is enough.
I think dedicating at least one day out of the year for the aur
cleanup is a good idea.
That said, this sunday is bug day so I don't think it can be done this weekend.