Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Det

Default Flash 10.1 and kernel26 packages

Hi all you electronic mail readers,

There was some talk some time ago I think concerning the removal of the
Flash10.1 packages. I thought I'd bring it back up. Here are the links:

flashplugin-10.1: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47029
lib32-flashplugin10.1: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49982

Then another thing is those kernel26- packages (all 59 of 'em). Is there
some deadline until all the ones that hasn't been updated or converted
into linux- alternatives should be removed?:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=kernel26&SeB=n&PP=100

Thanks, byyye
Det

End of electronic guru mail.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Det

There was some talk some time ago I think concerning the removal of
the Flash10.1 packages. I thought I'd bring it back up. Here are the
links:

flashplugin-10.1: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=47029
lib32-flashplugin10.1: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49982

Then another thing is those kernel26- packages (all 59 of 'em). Is
there some deadline until all the ones that hasn't been updated or
converted into linux- alternatives should be removed?:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?K=kernel26&SeB=n&PP=100

Thanks, byyye
Det

End of electronic guru mail.

This is a tricky one I know. What about just the Flash10.1 packages?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:38 PM
gadget3000

By the looks of it both flashplugins are used by devs for testing their
flash apps on older versions of flash. Neither are considered popular but
both have a use so I vote that they should stay.

As for the kernel26 packages I don't know how it worked in the past with
kernel24 packages but I think a month after the movement of linux from
testing to core seems a reasonable amount of time before deleting them.
Ultimately it's up to the TU's though.

Gadget3000