Old 09-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský

Default Removal requests

On 8 September 2011 04:57, Cyker Way <cykerway@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please remove packages mpy and mpy-git. Due to name conflict on PyPI, they
> have been renamed as ncmpy and ncmpy-git. Thanks!
>
> --
>

> Cyker Way
> E-mail: cykerway@gmail.com
> http://www.cykerway.com

Done. Please include links in your future requests.

Lukas

Old 09-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Alexander Rdseth

Hi,

Please remove the following AUR packages:

aldrin and aldrin-hg (not maintained, dead homepage)
aldrin: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16330
aldrin-hg: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23192

ccons (does not compile, actively developed, but no new release for 2
years):

raincat (does not compile, no longer maintained):

cheesetracker (no longer maintained):

krita-svn (they have switched to git):

motor (no longer maintained):

tiled (the java version of tiled, no longer maintained):
tiled: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22928

Also, I would suggest renaming "tiled-qt" to just "tiled":
tiled-qt: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=30636

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Rdseth

Old 09-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Seblu

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Alexander Rdseth <rodseth@gmail.com> wrote:
> cheesetracker (no longer maintained):
> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=2743
>
> motor (no longer maintained):
> * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=385
>
> tiled (the java version of tiled, no longer maintained):
> * * tiled: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=22928

"no longer maintained" is not a good reason to remove it. Lot of
software are not maintained and they are still useful.
As long as they are not broken.

--
Sbastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net

Old 09-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Alexander Rdseth

Hi Sbastien,

2011/9/10 Seblu <seblu@seblu.net>
> "no longer maintained" is not a good reason to remove it. Lot of
> software are not maintained and they are still useful.
> As long as they are not broken.

It can be hard to judge when an application is broken or not, though,
as that can depend on the version of the compiler and which patches
are applied.
But, I get your point. If a package can be installed and ran on a
current version of Arch, it's not broken, and might be worth keeping.

--
Cordially,

Old 09-10-2011, 02:27 PM
Alexander Rdseth

Btw, "motor" (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=385) does not
work. It segfaults when run.

--
Sincerely,

Old 09-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Ernie Brodeur

It seg faults if you don't provide an argument, it works fine if you do.

ie:

# motor /dev/tty7

Btw, I don't have any interest in this package, I just yanked it out of
cower and built it to prove a point

One man's unmaintained does not mean its worthless to another.

Old 09-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Alexander Rdseth

Hi,

I got no confirmation for the other packages, could these be deleted?

A project with a different name has taken over for aldrin, so I can't
imagine that these packages will be needed by anyone:
aldrin: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16330
aldrin-hg: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23192

These does not currently compile, and it does not seem like they will
for the near future (and I orphaned them in the first place):
ccons: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49443
raincat: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33509

This project has switched to git, and is not likely to switch back to svn:
krita-svn: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25640

Old 09-15-2011, 02:40 PM
Lukáš Jirkovský

On 13 September 2011 17:27, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got no confirmation for the other packages, could these be deleted?
>
> A project with a different name has taken over for aldrin, so I can't
> imagine that these packages will be needed by anyone:
> *aldrin: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16330
> *aldrin-hg: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=23192

Removed both.

> These does not currently compile, and it does not seem like they will
> for the near future (and I orphaned them in the first place):
> * ccons: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49443

The project is alive. I'll keep it as a reference in case someone adopts them.

> * raincat: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=33509

I'll keep this one too, maybe somebody will fix it.

> This project has switched to git, and is not likely to switch back to svn:
> *krita-svn: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25640

Removed

Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Alexander Rødseth

Ok, thank you.

- Alexander
Den 15. sep. 2011 16:40 skrev "Lukáš Jirkovský" <l.jirkovsky@gmail.com>
følgende:

Old 11-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Luca Bennati

python-decoroute-hg (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31564):
wrong name (python2 only), right package is python2-decoroute-hg, available
at https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=41956
python-munkres (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39576): wrong
name (python2 only), right package is python2-munkres, available at
python-pysvg-svn (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=44258): wrong
name (python2 only), right package is python2-pysvg-svn, available at