Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Sergej Pupykin

Default about hal removing

Hi,

it looks synce-odccm and thoggen hardly depend on hal. I suggest move it
to community instead of removing.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Lukas Fleischer

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 04:06:51PM +0400, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it looks synce-odccm and thoggen hardly depend on hal. I suggest
> move it to community instead of removing.

How about contacting upstream and dropping synce-odccm and thoggen as
well if there's no easy way to make them work without hal? Both of them
have a usage of less than 2% according to pkgstats and are not required
by any other packages. -1 to keeping deprecated hal.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Laurent Carlier

Le Mercredi 3 Août 2011 14:17:19, Lukas Fleischer a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 04:06:51PM +0400, Sergej Pupykin wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > it looks synce-odccm and thoggen hardly depend on hal. I suggest
> > move it to community instead of removing.
>
> How about contacting upstream and dropping synce-odccm and thoggen as
> well if there's no easy way to make them work without hal? Both of them
> have a usage of less than 2% according to pkgstats and are not required
> by any other packages. -1 to keeping deprecated hal.

Agreed totally; we should remove hal and related packages.

++